Car drivers with mirrors folded in

I followed one day fro about 3miles with them tucked in until he turned off, just shows how much some of them use them, he wasnt the first and most definitely wont be the last . anybody witnessed this?

I’ve seen this alot too, I heard once, probably from someone on here that some old boy had told them that he keeps them folded in because there expensive to replace!! :open_mouth: :unamused:

on another thread, Chas:
I tend to drive in such a manner that any kind of horn is superfluous, but Hey ! I respect your need to show your presence on the road.

I tend to drive in such a manner that any kind of mirror is superfluous, but hey! I respect your need to see what’s going on behind you.

Changing the subject slightly, I saw an old dude driving about the other night with his fifty inch plasma sat-nav right in the middle of his field of vision on the windscreen and he had it on day mode too so it was like driving with a football stadium floodlight pointing right at his crusty old face.

yep, I’ve seen this four or five times,always in cars driven by oaps.left turns right turns,roundabouts .amazing.
yet if I have a sidelight out. . Nee naw.

Mirrors are for wimps why do you want to see where you have already been

Was behind a BT van with both doors open today…

My ex’s mum drives with both mirrors folded in because as she says… “I don’t use them or go anywhere I need to use them”. Unbelievable. These people have far cheaper car insurance than me, soon as we put “LGV or HGV Driver (depending on the insurance questionaire)” on the quote, our insurance quadruples. It’s a joke

On a slightly different tack; why is it that cars can have these natty fold-in mirrors, yet if mine get pushed in when navigating a narrow lane (about 5 seperate times today :imp: ) I have to get out of me cab in the ■■■■■■■ rain and move the ■■■■ things back by hand? :angry:

You’d think with all the current gadgetry on trucks they’d at least have considered it!

I must admit mine fold in with a flick of a switch and I drove home (3 miles) with them folded in, only time I done it though but it was a quiet Sunday afternoon. :blush: :blush:

are they a legal requirement on a car?
didn’t used to be as long as there as an interior mirror
I remember when wing mirors were only on the de luxe versions and were extras on bog standard versions

del949:

A car must have 2 mirrors,1 of which must be on the o/s exterior.

I hate them, I had one hit my truck in may still not sorted

Rob nobby Gassor:
I hate them, I had one hit my truck in may still not sorted

A mirror, or a car? :wink:

No a black women in a 206 driving with mirrors folded in, changed lanes into my n/s without looking done 5k of damage to my unit and still not sorted since may I’m ■■■■■■ right off

gnasty gnome:
On a slightly different tack; why is it that cars can have these natty fold-in mirrors, yet if mine get pushed in when navigating a narrow lane (about 5 seperate times today :imp: ) I have to get out of me cab in the ■■■■■■■ rain and move the ■■■■ things back by hand? :angry:

Well, my parents neighbours have a car, I think it’s a merc, with this automagically folding mirrors. They fold every time when they switch off the ignition, then it snows, and then in the morning it’s all ■■■■■■■ frozen and they cannot open them back.

Thank you, I would never like to have them in my car :wink:

As for the main topic: smog.pl/wideo/48456/uprzejmy_motocyklista/

Rob nobby Gassor:
No a black women in a 206 driving with mirrors folded in, changed lanes into my n/s without looking done 5k of damage to my unit and still not sorted since may I’m ■■■■■■ right off

1/10

More effort required next time.

Did it myself the other day a couple of miles with the nearside mirror tucked in. Must try harder

Wondered why there was a cyclist in the middle of the road though :laughing:

del949:
didn’t used to be as long as there as an interior mirror
I remember when wing mirors were only on the de luxe versions and were extras on bog standard versions

Since 1978 you should have 3 mirrors on a car unless the internal one would give no view to the rear. legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2005 … 165_en.pdf

Should be driving without dur care and attention IMO.

Kerbdog:
My ex mum drives with both mirrors folded in

You Divorced your MUM? :smiley: