car driver

O.k. so I have been lurking on here for sometime but never posted. I enjoy the posts on this site but thought I might eventually post something.
One thing I have noticed is how a lot of drivers belittle their proffesion,saying things like its not that hard to drive, but that’s cos you know how anything is easy when you know how to do it, plus there’s so much more to it than just driving.

Bad car drivers.
Yea us car drivers have to put up with them as well.

Cyclists,
Don’t have a problem with the person plodding along on their way to or from work,but there seems to be a growing number of numpties who only want to beat their record and anything else on the road is an obstacle the problem is the speed they do they just appear out of nowhere.

It is hard you are permanently concentrating.

Bad lorry drivers as well

Cyclists are just idiots full stop

This thread doesn’t seem to have kicked off properly yet, so I guess I have a few minutes to don the flak jacket and goggles. I’ll take my time and make sure they’re nice and comfy :slight_smile:

Just want to slap the numpties that say it’s a doddle, “it only takes a week to get your license”, you may be able to get your license in a week, that makes you a license holder, not a driver. it’s not brain surgery, most jobs or professions aren’t, it is a profession, if you screw up and end up in court you will be treated as a professional, your penalties for any mistakes will be greater because driving is your profession.
There are ‘simple’ jobs out there, where you route is planned for you, your hand is held in everything you do, but many of us work for companies that trust us to use our initiative, even value our opinions! Auto boxes and satnavs have made it possible for drivers with no experience to do what those of us who started doing this many years ago, easily, until something goes wrong! there is nothing wrong with using a satnav, a mate of mine recently told me he’d bought an intelligent satnav, it can work out where all the low bridges and weight limits are, i’ll stick with having a ‘thick’ satnav, and an intelligent driver!

My wife came home from work this evening via Waitrose and brought a couple of bags of shopping in.
Whilst she were putting the tins onto the shelves in the kitchen it did occur to me that I could do that.

And why not! Place tins of peas on shelves for a living wage or earn less being a “professional” driver.

I look forward to the 70hrs for pittance to justify a wage posts!
Or the
I get £22 a night to be away from my wife children and any sort of normal interaction, and the, Iam a security guard of a load of high value items for nothing in a random lay-by :open_mouth:

All car drivers are knob heads #simples:exclamation:

Cyclists in Surrey (don’t seem to bother me anywhere else outside London)

Why oh why do they think that a bit of Lycra, a lid and a bit of hi-viz, and occasionally lights that can induce epilepsy, gives them the God-given right to go along lanes, about 4ft from the curb, at less than walking pace if on a steep hill?

They take up so much room you can’t even pass them when nothing is coming the other way!

Cyclists keep a good distance away from the kerb to avoid road debris such as nails,rivets and sharp objects to avoid punctures or hitting holes in the road that may topple them over.
Then there are manhole covers.Some may be stolen for scrap.
Cycle lanes run out and are poorly designed.
Look at the Netherlands.They are bike crazy.
Whole cities/towns with dedicated lanes AWAY from traffic.
Why is it only middle aged men that wear Lycra on £3500 top of the range “I am spending my kids inheritance” flying machines.

Ban the bikes, bad drivers of all classes but bad bikers don’t usually end up paying for it in court.
5 cyclists died in London over 9 days, very sad yes, have they talked about how cyclists should be re-educated, how they should all be held accountable for their actions, how they should be positively identifiable,( I think they should have to buy a hi-vi with a unique number on and be registered to that number ), how the rules & the Highway Code should be enforced against them, NO, they talk about NEW extra safety measures on LGV’s and how they should ban trucks without them from the city,

teflon:
O.k. so I have been lurking on here for sometime but never posted. I enjoy the posts on this site but thought I might eventually post something.
One thing I have noticed is how a lot of drivers belittle their proffesion,saying things like its not that hard to drive, but that’s cos you know how anything is easy when you know how to do it, plus there’s so much more to it than just driving.

Hi and welcome, one characteristic most LGV/HGV professionals (truckers) share is we love a good moan whether its about others, the job (which most of us love albeit without constant interference from outside forces) or other vehicles on the road.

Its not so much about ‘misery loves company’ more we share a similar outlook on the all things vehicle/traffic related. We take the pee out of others whilst laughing at ourselves, most bad things other vehicles do we have done (we also drive cars). The only exception to this is when my stopping distance is buggered when approaching a roundabout and a car shoots in front to turn left but has to slam the anchors on- common event though so expected and planned for.

For me nothing beats that long motorway cruise, I’m most relaxed at 52mph (can’t go any faster) with good tune on the radio and cup of tea (drank safely of course when other road users aren’t in the vicinity to avoid loss of concentration and you tube videos).

I get into a zone the gentle rocking of the truck and open road make me realise why I do it.

The banter isn’t too bad when you get a few of us together either.

I do also like to use one of those two wheeled self propelled modes of transport, but thats mainly to wind fellow truckers up. :slight_smile:

I’m shortly putting together an e-petition to have the ‘C’ word banned on this forum.

Cyclists who ride on dual carriageways, had one the other morning on way to work didn’t see him until the car in front swerved last minute. (Very poor if non existent lighting) I was straight on the horn as I narrowly-missed his arse, and he responds with giving me the fingers! Luckily for him I was running late or the brakes would have been slammed on and my power-bar across his head.
(Best of this is the road I’m talking about past Edinburgh airport has a cycle-tow path running its entire length but they think there supposed to be on the road!)

Also cyclists on major A roads A9 A7 can be the worst IMO. Total retards quicker they are killed off the better.

Nothing against cyclists who have a bit of savvy, I MTB myself at glentress.

I’m a pedestrian, cyclist, car driver and professional driver (that is to say, I drive for a living and I do it in a way that is as professional as I possibly can). All this means I’m one of the most hated people on the roads BUT: The profesionalism part of my job means I use these different roles to understand why other road users may be acting in the manner that they are.

Then I like to come on the internet and ■■■■■ about them all on various forums :grimacing: (not really)

Pimpdaddy:

And how do you get to work/shops/holidays etc…?

DadsRetired:

Pimpdaddy:

Come on, we are all allowed a few knob head moment for things like that :laughing: :laughing:

Ryy86:
(Best of this is the road I’m talking about past Edinburgh airport has a cycle-tow path running its entire length but they think there supposed to be on the road!)

Where? All I can see is a pavement
goo.gl/maps/YAdnF
assuming this is the road you mean

Ryy86:
Cyclists who ride on dual carriageways, had one the other morning on way to work didn’t see him until the car in front swerved last minute. (Very poor if non existent lighting) I was straight on the horn as I narrowly-missed his arse, and he responds with giving me the fingers! Luckily for him I was running late or the brakes would have been slammed on and my power-bar across his head.

How was it the cyclists fault that you were two close to the car in front to safely plan ahead, and both you and the car driver were paying little if no attention to the road ahead and probably verging on dangerous driving.

If you going to try and moan about something at least make it sound like its the other person not you who is entirely at fault

AHT:

Ryy86:

goo.gl/maps/YAdnF

Ryy86:

How was it the cyclists fault that you were two close to the car in front to safely plan ahead, and both you and the car driver were paying little if no attention to the road ahead and probably verging on dangerous driving.

If you going to try and moan about something at least make it sound like its the other person not you who is entirely at fault

How the ■■■■ do you know how far away I was from car infront ya nugget.
Do you understand how dark it is at 0500? And no lights or hi-vis they are asking to be flattened. And cycling along a dual carriageway when a cycle path is clearly marked and been developed for them to use that follows the road to a T.

If you want to use all the road you should be taxed to do so, if not stick to residential routes instead of very busy well used carriageways.

Protip #203 Don’t be a fool, remember the 2 second rule.

Cheers

Go street view and look at lampposts that is marked as a cycle path smart arse.

AHT:

Ryy86:

goo.gl/maps/YAdnF

Ryy86:

not all cycle paths are as safe as they should be (and a cyclist is allowed to choose to cycle in the road if they feel it is safer).

Also why should cyclists pay tax for using a road when motorists don’t?

AHT:

Ryy86:

goo.gl/maps/YAdnF

Is this the road with the cycle path and inappropriate shadow from googles camera car, probably a Citroen Peniso…

street view.jpg

Do we all not drive cars when off duty ?
Every type of vehicle has it’s share of bad drivers, Car’s, busses, lorry’s, trains, bikes, even ships FFS

DadsRetired:

I drive cars but I don’t class myself as a car driver, if you know what I mean…