Capping

I am doing a bit of research into capping…
most container companies promise a certain weekly earning potential, but we hear rumours that with some, when owner drivers are close to that cap each week the higher earning jobs drop off.

Having spoken to a couple of container companies this week they deny totally that this happens and that jobs are offered on an availaiblity and suitabilty basis only with no consideration as to wether that particular truck is close to the guarenteed earnings.

there is an obvious way to see if their claims are true , and that is by looking at past weeks earnings and the level of jobs offered as earning come close to the guarenteed if enough can show a pattern it can be said reasonably that some companies are capping earning to the guarenteed…

I DO NOT WANT IN THIS THREAD ANY ALLEGATIONS OF CAPPING AND NO NAMING AND SHAMING COMPANIES UNTIL I AM IN POSSESSION OF ENOUGH DOCUMENTED PROOF.IF IT EXISTS… any such coments will be deleted as this is a very touchy area with some companies and I think we all would want to get to the point where the situation was proved or disproved before we may be forced to stop the investigation.

Ideally spread sheets showing weekly earnings and drop off as the cap nears would be ideal, (if it happens) they can be sent to UKAdmin@Truck.netall data will be held as confidential and any details used will not be identified with any particular haulier

personally rikki i would,nt touch container work, it,s hard enough on general uk & euro, but the way things are now it would,nt surprise me if
capping went on :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

I personally, do a bit for Goldstar and other hauliers (2nd jobs, 2nd boxes for twin ups, reloads and one ways mainly) but strictly on a spot hire/job rate basis. :smiley:

I can only offer MMTM on the subject but I have heard from contacts on both sides of the fence that it goes on, whether the board(s) know this or not. :imp:

Brave topic, surely a potential conflict of interests, every week the comical motor has the double page spreads from the buy with work and the heres what our customers have to say brigade, serious revenue i would of thought as its £60 for a few lines in the classified section if i want to sell a lorry…

Lrm

When I worked for a small haulier a few years ago, we were subbing for a blue chip firm in Felixstowe. We got £1600 guaranteed and it definatley tailed off. It didn’t bother me, as I used to fly about monday to thursday, then friday I’d do one local and go home at lunchtime, whilst all the lazy gits that didn’t want to do anything were moaning because they were all still working at 9pm on a friday :laughing:

The two firms I’ve subbied for on box’s tended to use the good, medium, poor, bad week method of trying to keep everyone happy if things were a bit quiet. When talking to other subbies someone would always be having a bad week, so if I’d had a good week or two it was surely my turn for a couple of poor weeks and time to slow the job up a bit and keep the mileage and fuel use well down, that was on £1800 garunteed earnings.