Cany anyone help me on this matter please

jessicas dad:
sounds like you were better off on the bacon job. :wink:

I was thinking along those lines myself. Out of the frying pan and into the fire, quite literally.

I would suggest that you can pack a job in and go back to the Jobcentre and carry on from where you left off benefits wise.I worked for one company delivering tyres for three weeks and was sacked for not complying with their unpaid overtime set up.Another company I worked for,it became apparent after 6 weeks,that they weren’t paying Tax and N.I. for me so I left.On both occasions I went back to the Jobcentre and they were quite understanding, no problems whatsoever.It would help to get some evidence together from tachographs or digital printouts to show the hours that you have worked.It would also be useful to have a copy of the Job advertisement which may help to show up the company on a bad light.Your best bet would be to pack it in now rather than let it eat away at you for the next few months,making you unhappy,when you would probably get sacked anyway.

Deathstar:
I would suggest that you can pack a job in and go back to the Jobcentre and carry on from where you left off benefits wise.I worked for one company delivering tyres for three weeks and was sacked for not complying with their unpaid overtime set up.Another company I worked for,it became apparent after 6 weeks,that they weren’t paying Tax and N.I. for me so I left.On both occasions I went back to the Jobcentre and they were quite understanding, no problems whatsoever.It would help to get some evidence together from tachographs or digital printouts to show the hours that you have worked.It would also be useful to have a copy of the Job advertisement which may help to show up the company on a bad light.Your best bet would be to pack it in now rather than let it eat away at you for the next few months,making you unhappy,when you would probably get sacked anyway.

But the real problems start when the jobcentre is’nt so understanding and it can be a postcode lottery where in one place they might be very ‘understanding’ and in another not understanding at all other than the bit where they understand how to stop any benefits which they don’t want to pay out.But the problem can also be there even if you’re on JSA and they send you to a job like that one (or worse) and if you’re unlucky enough to be offered the job(even though a few questions like how many drops max per shift and where would have set the alarm bells ringing if the answers were’nt right).In reality the JSA contract removes any rights you have to make,or decline, a contract with an employer if that employer offers you a job and the issue of jobcentres and multi drop driving jobs really makes the JSA a pointless benefit for long distance class 1 drivers.We’d be better off without it and not being taxed to pay for it when/if we’re lucky enough to have a decent job.

In reality the JSA contract removes any rights you have to make,or decline, a contract with an employer if that employer offers you a job and the issue of jobcentres and multi drop driving jobs really makes the JSA a pointless benefit for long distance class 1 drivers.

Not my understanding of JSA (contribution based). I have been allowed to refuse jobs I didn’t want with no problem.
After 26 weeks when you go to JSA(income based) it may well be different.

del949:

In reality the JSA contract removes any rights you have to make,or decline, a contract with an employer if that employer offers you a job and the issue of jobcentres and multi drop driving jobs really makes the JSA a pointless benefit for long distance class 1 drivers.

Not my understanding of JSA (contribution based). I have been allowed to refuse jobs I didn’t want with no problem.
After 26 weeks when you go to JSA(income based) it may well be different.

The only time breakpoint on JSA is 13 weeks to look for,and accept if offered, a job within your own type of trade and they won’t differentiate between local/uk multi drop and long distance full loads/low number bulk drops in our trade.After 13 weeks you have to look for, and accept if offered,any type of work except on certain grounds like abattoir work etc.

update i spoke too my boss again yesterday after yet another 13.5 hour day , he says you will do 12 hours aday every day in this job ,i says but what about ad that stated 48 hrs between 5 am and 7pm ,he says that he never placed that info on jobcentre plus ad . TODAY i rang basildon job centre and explained this and aske if they had the ad on file THEY DID it reads hgv 2 48 hr week mon - fri between 5 am and 7pm 420 per week . i am now doing aroun 60 per week and being paid 418 !!! ASKED job centre if i left would i have aclaim for benefit , i was told that it would be down too the assesor ,but she noted with my hours per wage i am on less than mininum wage . any thoughts suggestions advice would help me in this matter appreciated.

repton:

bubsy06:
I looked into this before and found out that is illegal for an employer to force you to work more than 48 hours.

You can’t be made to work an average of more than 48 hours over whatever reference period you’re using for the RTD Working Time Regulations. And of course remember that POA and breaks don’t count towards those 48 hours.

However you can be made to work up to 60 hours (after breaks and POA) in any given week as long as your contract of employment permits is as long as your average is kept under 48.

In the case of this job I would probably be telling them where to stick it unless the money was particularly good.

Paul

Not quite correct. You can’t be ‘made to work up to 60 hours per week’. This brings me right back to a discussion i had with one of our resident hours experts (Conor). You don’t have to work any more than 48 hours in a week, period. The fact the RTD allows ‘flexibility’ is not in itself an opt out of the EU hours directive. Something that has not gone unoticed by every large company and most agencies i have worked for, they all get me to sign an agreement to opt out of the 48 hours in a week restriction and abide instead by the RTD.
But i do agree, if you don’t want to work for free after 48 hours tell them to shove it, or refuse to do anymore hours than say, lets guess a ‘reasonable amount of overtime’ say 52 hours. Refuse to work after 52 hours and when they sack you for it take them to the cleaners.

topmixer11:
update i spoke too my boss again yesterday after yet another 13.5 hour day , he says you will do 12 hours aday every day in this job ,i says but what about ad that stated 48 hrs between 5 am and 7pm ,he says that he never placed that info on jobcentre plus ad . TODAY i rang basildon job centre and explained this and aske if they had the ad on file THEY DID it reads hgv 2 48 hr week mon - fri between 5 am and 7pm 420 per week . i am now doing aroun 60 per week and being paid 418 !!! ASKED job centre if i left would i have aclaim for benefit , i was told that it would be down too the assesor ,but she noted with my hours per wage i am on less than mininum wage . any thoughts suggestions advice would help me in this matter appreciated.

It does’nt sound like that JSA advisor has got the figures right.60 hours a week at £6 per hour would only give you £360 per week?.But the minimum wage is less than £6 per hour?.But at £420 per week for 60 hours is around the same hourly rate as I was getting for class 1 night trunking although that was over 10 years ago.However I’d rather earn less to drive an artic or a wagon and drag on full load/trunking work than earn more to do multi drop with a rigid or an artic.

To be honest they sound like a bunch of crooks.

Keep a diary , stand up for youself and when they sack you take them to a tribunal.

schrodingers cat:
To be honest they sound like a bunch of crooks.

Keep a diary , stand up for youself and when they sack you take them to a tribunal.

you can not 60 hrs a week if you are doing south coast it class as a night out due to d/time and amount of del/col it seem to me he is trying to get a pound of flesh out of you take photo copy of all disc/digi print out do not jack in job as you wont get jsa and just suspend it can you name company check vehicle roadworthy i have done groupage for about 10 yrs on and off take proof of start of duty/off duty i think this company should be named-shamed is the paying you cash in hand-tax-insurance keep me informed :exclamation: :exclamation: