Canute international timber

Does anyone know anything about this contract preferably out of Trafford park?? Usual stuff pay? Working conditions etc

Hi m8,

Friend of mine done it before he wents to Stobart. Well maintained vehicles, 2-3 night out in a week. The rate was £10ph + nightout rate. He said it is better then agency work.

I worked there before I came to Stobart’s lol.

They have two class 2 Merc Actros’ 26 t curtainsiders, and 3 or 4 Man 26 t drop and swap boxes. H&S obsessed (St Gobain owned).
When you get back from your run, if one of the other Mans are swapping boxes, you have to sit and wait. They have a couple of class 1 DAF XF’s. Dont think though if you are class 1, that’s all you will drive. You end up on the crappy MAN’s regularly.

Long hours, cack pay for class 2. I was a Canute driver out of Golborne, but ended up in IT most days. Got ■■■■■■ off with going back and forth to Trafford Park from Golborne in my own car!

Oh forgot to add, the timber packs split and move on the skids, no matter how smooth you drive. Ratchet strapping in the rain, often 4 or 5 drops all over the [zb]ing place. One of the bosses there is called Jim Thomas, and he is an even bigger bellend than me.

he is an even bigger bellend than me.
eagerbeaver

haha, take it a no no then ? lol

Please explain what is laugh out loud funny - I just can’t see it.

Avoid then! They want me to go all the way to golborne for the interview. So when your out in the class 2 they only pay you class 2 money?? If this is true there having a laugh. Cheers for the info dude!!

i picked a trailer up frm I.T. on hull docks yesterday looked like it had been loaded by a bunch of cackhanded blind monkeys on job and knock
took me twice as long to secure it than normal

joe royal:

Please explain what is laugh out loud funny - I just can’t see it.

Because of the post immediately before that one, I would imagine.

If you are class 1 Damo, you will still get paid class 1 money for driving the rigids, but the drop and swap boxes are a real PITA mate.

All depends on contract placement and local management, there are worse companies out there…