Canute in Purfleet

Anyone here work there! Type of work,pay do they do tramping etc! :slight_smile: I’m looking for tramping work and thinking of applying but need some info please! :grimacing:

Hi dessy

i worked there on about a year ago and i left asap. I was only on class 2 multidop which i know is probably ■■■■ wherever you work. There is a guy my age (24) called Wayne who runs office and is bosses son and is a complete ■■■■■■■ He talks to the older and very experianced drivers like dirt and his been lumped a few times. I told him to stick the job up his rear after he swore at me over a signiture being faint.

They also run arctics and do night trunking. i dont know what money they are on. im not sure if they have trampers. i tramp on brick and block haulage and spoke to a few canute driver who also do blocks and the moeny isnt great but they have a different transport manager.
they mainly scanias and ivecos on arctics.

It might have changed since i was there. some drivers had been therw quite a while to be fair. but it wasnt for me.

Pm me if you woild like more info. do you have a crane licence by any chance?

Cheers for that Bigfoot! No crane license! Just looking to see what’s about tramping wise! I’m even considering calling Stobbies at Aveley! :laughing:

they run a few draw bars on brick and block work a mate was offerd a job there dessy but didnt rate the money

Try Youngs, many moan about them, but some drivers seem to keep coming back. :slight_smile:

A mate of mine works out of gamston(A1 south of Worksop), he’s on £373 for 50 hours then on overtime. Not sure what the overtime rate is though. They also have the Wilkinson contact in Worksop and are conatsantly looking for drivers for both sites. You can make the money but like enything most places you have to put the hours in.

romulas:
Try Youngs, many moan about them, but some drivers seem to keep coming back. :slight_smile:

Sounds like Coltons in Barking! :laughing:

dessy:
Cheers for that Bigfoot! No crane license! Just looking to see what’s about tramping wise! I’m even considering calling Stobbies at Aveley! :laughing:

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :smiley: :smiley:

cliffton 27:

dessy:

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :smiley: :smiley:

I know! Just thinking out loud mate! :grimacing:

Fileep:
A mate of mine works out of gamston(A1 south of Worksop), he’s on £373 for 50 hours then on overtime. Not sure what the overtime rate is though. They also have the Wilkinson contact in Worksop and are conatsantly looking for drivers for both sites. You can make the money but like enything most places you have to put the hours in.

I take home more than that for 46.25 hours basic week! :open_mouth:
Jeeeezz! And we’re expected to pay for ongoing training from this crap wage! :unamused:

dessy:

romulas:

:slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

romulas:

dessy:

romulas:

:slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Do you work for YTL Romulus?

I do indeed, although I work on the UPN side of things. :sunglasses: :slight_smile:
They, like most,will take the rise they, if you let them. They seem a decent bunch.
Take home £400 a week plus nite out money. Not sure how parking works ie you pay- they pay in wages, Used to have moto stickers in units but not any more.
The kit is reasonable 55,08 and 12 plates.
Like I said some drivers can’t keep away :smiley:
Hope it covers everything? Any other questions i’ll try to answer.

I do Palletways myself in my current job! 4 miles from home to depot,£11 an hour and time and a quarter after 10 hours! 45 break unpaid though! Guaranteed 46.25 hours a week! Small firm and an easy job! Getting overtime can be hit and miss though! :unamused:

You have a long commute :open_mouth: , mines 3 minutes in the car :wink: yeah I’m a lazy sod :sunglasses: :smiley: .

romulas:
You have a long commute :open_mouth: , mines 3 minutes in the car :wink: yeah I’m a lazy sod :sunglasses: :smiley: .

That’s my worry! Becoming a lazy sod! I only drop my trailer on a Saturday morning now! Once a week! :laughing:

Pmsl, I truely am a lazy sod, mine permanatly attached :smiley: …don’t want trunk driver doing anymore than he has too now :wink: …I mean driving to hub and back must be hard :smiley:

romulas:
Pmsl, I truely am a lazy sod, mine permanatly attached :smiley: …don’t want trunk driver doing anymore than he has too now :wink: …I mean driving to hub and back must be hard :smiley:

My trailer would be permanently attached but our yard is not big enough for the four Artics and to avoid diesel theft over the weekend the units are locked inside minus the trailers! Majority of the fleet are 7.5 tonners and rigids and they fill up our small yard! 2 hours 40 mins from our yard to Fradley and the same back! Oh the pressure! :stuck_out_tongue:

dessy:

romulas:

My trailer would be permanently attached but our yard is not big enough for the four Artics and to avoid diesel theft over the weekend the units are locked inside minus the trailers! Majority of the fleet are 7.5 tonners and rigids and they fill up our small yard! 2 hours 40 mins from our yard to Fradley and the same back! Oh the pressure! :stuck_out_tongue:

Luckly for me security keeps an eye out :smiley: …otherwise extra work :frowning: .
Forgot to mention that mainly container work although there seems to be more and more curtainside work happening.

Fileep:

You are joking? No wonder they are constantly looking for drivers! :unamused: