Canute Haulage (Gamston)

Hi all,

Usual questions !!!

Anybody work/worked for them ? Whats the Pay like, motors etc etc…

I have been told they are recruiting, but there website does not give anything away in the terms of information !

Thanks in advance,

Grundril :slight_smile:

Heard they are pee ■■■ pants to work for from a guy who i work with, he worked for them for quite a few years up until recently, had a fall out with management over being treated like a lesser person as a driver.
[rumour removed ]

Anyhow, ive just applied for them too lol. Cant always take for granted what other people say can ya?

Im sure they were advertising class 1 day shifts at £420 a week.

They do ambient single and double decker, biomass with walking floors, flat beds and hiab work. class 2 and class 1.

Good luck with it pal.
Hoping I get a look in too, Im after tramping though.

I thought Canute and wilkinsons had some sort of family connection.

[rumour removed]

They also have chip liners just be carful know someone who worked for them he was not impressed with them has since left for another job

Although he did run out of Longtown

IIRC there is 1 of the ex drivers on here think it is C10HOO if you wish to pm him

Thanks for the heads up folks,

Think i will fire off my CV and see where it leads, as i have done for ESL and Maritime :slight_smile:

Civvi street is getting ever closer :open_mouth:

useless information i know , but the company i work for did a couple of weeks on subbie work for canute running out of longtown and bolton fell , i quite enjoyed it . we sometimes reload out of spalding . or is it boston ?

no idea about any contract stuff as its nowt to do with me .

word of warning though , if you go into bolton fell or peth keep your windows and sunroof shut … blimey :open_mouth:

Hiya All,

I’ve just started with Canute, running out of there new Andover depot.
Am on a Aldi store delivery contract running out of Swindon, to nearly all stores in the south region.
I will be working a 12 hour shift starting at 10am, until 10pm, which is crap really, but its a job.
Work 4 days on, then 2 days off, total of 48 hours per week for £525.50.

Give me a month or so, and I will let you all know what there like to work for…

continental keith:
Hiya All,

Am on a Aldi store delivery contract running out of Swindon, to nearly all stores in the south region.
I will be working a 12 hour shift starting at 10am, until 10pm, which is crap really, but its a job.

How you getting on for these? I see they are still looking for drivers.

Hi dan,
I see that you are from Andover so this may be of interest for yuo.

The Aldi contract is pretty easy. I start at 09.0am, go up to Swindon, load myself (all pallets) then deliver to stores, could be Bounmouth, Swindon, Havant, Romsey, Winchester, Camberley, Newbury etc, but I have been to Port Talbot twice, which is a 12/13 hour day, but doing the others normally takes me about 9/10 hours a day.The night guys do vertualy the same. The work is typical “supermarket trolly” work, which is nice and clean work, exspecially after general haulage work.If I do 11 hours,I am paid for 12. If I do 13 hours, then I get an hours overtime. We have 2 hired MAN tractor units on a 57 plate, and an 08 plate, with 2 smidt reefer trailers, but I think they will buy more motors as the contract continues, I think upto 5 or 6 motors.
Last week, I worked a total of 39 hours, and took home £462.00, not bad for the hours and home every night. The depot boss has only been doing his job for just over 12 months, so he’s a bit green. Got him wrapped around my little finger, but he hardly ever bothers me, just leaves us all alone to get on with the job. If you are interested, his name is John Hickman 07825970021, I think he is still looking for drivers.

We normally start at 09.00am, and get 1 run. I’m usually finished by 18.0pm/18.30pm.

I lasted 2 days for the Co-op, then told them where to go, they wanted it done there way. My 32 years experience was wasted there as they treated me like a new-be.

We rent a warehouse at Howard Tennens, Macadam way, West Portway.

continental keith:
Hiya All,

if you work four on then two off then most weeks your doing five days at 12 hrs a day equals 60 hrs and weekends most weeks :open_mouth:

We are paid for 60 hours a week, but I hav’nt done no more than 52 hours for 5 days work. With all the bonuses, I’ve been clearing about £500 a week. Its not everyones cup of tea, but the work is clean and easy. That will do for me…