Canadian truck company

has anyone ever heard of yanke they have an ad in my local paper recruiting double man drivers there from saskatchewan canada and i know theres lots of bogus firms out there any help out there please
cheers lester

you’ll probably get more responses in the Ex Pats Forum

This might be out of date…

canadiantruckers.com/abhiring.html

Hi we live in Manitoba and i have seen a few yanke trucks going through.
They are looking for drivers like many truck firms over here.
good luck
mrs rocket :smiley:

Where abouts in there and which one local rag?
cheers

I heard that Yanke had given up taking Brits. Now it appears they haven’t according to this thread.

Yanke are a large firm who require that you run team for at least 6 months. Not sure about whether I can comment or not, but the reason they weren’t taking brits was they weren’t staying after they got their PR. Maybe that speaks volumes.

if you get start at yanke you normlly have to team drive for 12 months,but i heard from 1 of there last ever british recruits,that they are shipping a tractor unit to poland,to start on them fellas,
what does that tell ya.
all the brits there are moving on once they get there PR,or so the story goes.leave them alone mate.

ron said he saw a load of their trailers on trains!!! :confused: plenty of other truck firms looking for drivers over here.
mrs rocket :smiley:

Yanke does not have a good rep as far as driver retention goes. I have never worked for them but get the impression they are a large training company like Swift is in the US.(last months trainee is this months trainer) Experienced drivers can do alot better.

Get in touch

link removed
mm

vastly exp:
they are tractor unit to poland,to start on them fellas,
what does that tell ya.

That is a highly dubious claim. There is no need.
There are lots of Polish born truckers in Canada now.
Many Poles immigrate to Canada.
Many Sihks drive trucks in Canada.
Many Trinidadians…and on and on.

I don’t often see Chinese driving long haul trucks; they are usually the ones in the office.

Canada has a vigorous immigration policy; if you think there are nationalities or people who are lower in scale than you; don’t come here.
The "Protestant Ontario " of my youth is no more.
We are a Multicultural country now; for better or worse.