Canadian/ nz/australian trucking

hi guys,
when I’m looking about, i see adverts,
but the ones i see are for companies that want to charge me quite a lot to get over, and my licence converted.

do any companies recruit direct, or is there another way?

also, is there as many vacancies as it looks, or like here, is is phantom agency jobs?

I’m married with kids, and any move i was going to make, would be for the long term.

have any of you guys , who have been, or know anything, please help. cheers.

can only speak for myself in canada… but …yup lots o jobs direct wi companys… agencys nope …in canada no conversion ,car licence exchanged but need to resit class1 .no need to pay for something as if going over on a 2yr temporary work permit ,the employers takes care o paper work (no cost to employer).just pay your $250 to border services at airport …(ok its a little bit more to it than that but read up and you will see for yourself) :bulb: :bulb:
Plenty o info on internet about certain companies.
once you decide where you want to live then you can narrow down whats available, do you want canada only or usa as well.
age isnt that really important ,its more of the attiude you have.(we came over when i was 48)imo visit canada first …make appointments with companies.
ps. i dont mind pointing folk in the right direction if i have some spare time but most o its no rocket science and if ya cant find out the basics for yourself how the h are you going to deal wi working over here… rant over
above not pointed at no one in particular. :smiley: :smiley:
jimmy.

thanks for the email …G. no offence but i will answer your qs on here as it will save my writing it again : :bulb: :laughing:
1… yes you can ,the air brake test books are on MPI.MB. along with quizzes for written test,driving& airbrake…under drivers quizzes.
2… sask and west manitoba are in the middle o an oil boom. wages high but house prices getting up in cost.
check MLS.ca they have most houses for sale.
3…no direct flights tae winnipeg…from uk…so we used glasgow-toronto ,airtransat.then air jazz toronto–wpeg .internal flights in canada are eyewatering prices…
4…holidays are a sore point over here ,think 2wks max and you get4% of each paycheck as holiday pay…you can have it paid every check or save it up till you get time off.work bank hols and get imo i got$200,think bison pay $160 if i worked bank hol plus your days pay earned (OTR)
hope this answers your qs
jimmy…