Canadian Immigration

The following is exerpted from an article in the Toronto Globe & Mail of today’s date:
“There is a staggering backlog of 700,000 immigrants in the queue”
People who are allowed into Canada to drive trucks are only considered “temporary workers”. Right now the selection criteria is for the"best and the brightest"
Canada’s Point System to Select Economic Immigrants
10 - AGE ( top marks for people aged 21-49)
25 - Education ( Top marks for masters Degrees)
24 - Language proficiency ( Up to 16 points for fluency in first Official Language)
21- Experience - Top marks for experiaence in HIGHLY SKILLED occupation
10 - Arranged Employment
10- Adaptability - points for job experience in Canada and if spouse has a university degree.

67 - Is the pass mark out of a possible hundred points.

There are lots of hoops to jump through to come here. Just because you get here doesn’t mean you’ll be allowed to stay.

Ontario doesn’t have a Provincial Nominee Program for truck drivers; that’s why you must go to Saskatchewan.
I’m sure Alberta doesn’t have a program either; but that’s where all the good paying jobs are.

alberta has the pnp :slight_smile:

Bluejaysfan:
10 - AGE ( top marks for people aged 21-49) :cry:
25 - Education ( Top marks for masters Degrees) :cry:
24 - Language proficiency ( Up to 16 points for fluency in first Official Language) :laughing:
21- Experience - Top marks for experiaence in HIGHLY SKILLED occupation :laughing:
10 - Arranged Employment :cry:
10- Adaptability - points for job experience in Canada and if spouse has a university degree. :cry:

67 - Is the pass mark out of a possible hundred points. :cry: 45 :cry:

Good job I don’t want to live in such a cold country with a big loony brother living next door :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: .

Salut, David.

Manitoba had a PnP when i was there…

[

[/quote]

Good job I don’t want to live in such a cold country with a big loony brother living next door :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: .

its suprisingly not as cold as i thought it would be!

it says it is minus 30 but it still doesnt feel as cold as it does back in the uk cos its so dry…
plus the summer is a nice long summer and just about sunny every day so its great having defined seasons

also u dont need points on the pnp :unamused:

:wink:

But what about the big looney brother? :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing:

Salut, David.

erm…ok i have thought about that and no i dont understand it lol

can u explain to me without looking like a am simple :laughing: :open_mouth:

Spardo:
But what about the big looney brother? :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing:

Salut, David.

I’m having a hard job taking your quotation seriously, considering that you live in France :smiley:

Jim.

Cattleman:
erm…ok i have thought about that and no i dont understand it lol

can u explain to me without looking like a am simple :laughing: :open_mouth:

The big looney brother next door is the USA, just an obscure little joke of mine which I am sure Jim understood

Scouse Express:
I’m having a hard job taking your quotation seriously, considering that you live in France

as he replied in kind :laughing: .

I suppose you mean living next door to TB & GB in UK. No problem, as long as they stay there and don’t become ex-pats too :wink: :unamused: :laughing:

Salut, David.

ohhhhh lol

nah we dont see them here!
i dont think they are allowed across the border :open_mouth: :laughing:

Didn’t really mean the drivers, though to read their site there are some right nutters there too, more the unpredictable dingbat who’s leading them, and what he’ll do for an encore :open_mouth: :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: .

Salut, David.

And there was me wondering if you were referring to the Looney, the Canadian Dollar (so named because it has a pic of a looney bird on it).
Unlike the twonie ( the 2$ coin, also known as the Queen with a bear behind… :stuck_out_tongue: - ask a Canuck )