Canadian Citizenship

It is almost time for us to decide whether to apply for citizenship or not. We have been in Canada almost 4 years.
Has anyone on here done the application, test, oath etc? What are the advantages/disadvantages of citizenship (apart from the obvious, no I94w :sunglasses: )?
As an OTR truck driver who spends most of his time in USA I will also have to go before a judge to plead my case for being out of the country most of the time, anyone done this before?

Didn’t know about the judge thing :open_mouth:

I know if you’re over a certain age you don’t need to jump through hoops to get citizenship, Nianiamh of this forum is waiting a few months so he can go down this route :laughing:

newmercman:
Didn’t know about the judge thing :open_mouth:

I know if you’re over a certain age you don’t need to jump through hoops to get citizenship, Nianiamh of this forum is waiting a few months so he can go down this route :laughing:

Waiting for an appointed judge in Winnipeg is one of the biggest delays in gaining approval for citizenship. The applicant must provide evidence and gain the judges consent before the application goes any further.
Took a dutch family I know almost 2 years from applying to taking the oath and the longest time was waiting for a judge.

It’s a lot harder to do things over here, that’s for sure, contrast it with the UK where all you have to do is jump out of a Willi Betz trailer in Toddington and you’re set for life :imp:

yeah i am lead to belive you must go infront o a judge as if you are OTR in the states, you cannie get the required # o days. IMO.
personally i only have to add 2months onto the total as i stuck tae SKAB multi drop loads so roll on march next yr till we can apply /join the cue…lol :unamused: :unamused: jimmy