CANADA

I said it once ,and I will say it again CANADA…BAAAAAAAAAAAAA HUMBUG, WHAT A LOAD OF TOSH :smiley:

Hi Ebeneza :laughing:
Told you before don’t knock it till you try it.
mrs rocket :smiley:

Yes, you have said it before, frequently. In fact, you have blatted on ad nauseum along those lines.
Yep, I have no doubt that is what you think. I am highly delighted that you think that way. It spares me from hearing you ■■■■■ and whine over here. Keep it over there, won’t you.
I guess they said no to you, or that you think the 48 hour week is a good thing and don’t have e real days work in you.

Nice to see you are still there.

thats a bit harsh bob the DOG, I work to live , not live to work like you and so many others are doing over in Canada :laughing:
Core look at me i am driving all the hours god sends in my big shinny truck, hang on a second i am getting paid peanuts as well, never mind its a better life over here :unamused: , dont think so.
At least somebody is earnig a good living from my hard work THE TRUCKING FIRMS :unamused: .
I was offered a job over there, but when i wadded through all the ■■■■■■■■ i told them to stick it OK BOBBY BOY or is it MUG :confused:

Neither.

I do not live to work, and I actually enjoy the job I do. I get to see some amazing places and some amazing sights. I have been far enough North to see the 24 hour daylight. I have seen the sockeye salmon run, the Titanic gravesites, animals of such variety that I cannot remember them all. I get, on average, 3 days at home in 14. That time is my own. I put the laundry on then that’s me finished and able to go fishing or shooting.

I can afford to eat out pretty much when I wish, and there are always beers in the fridge for me. I may well do lots of hours, but I always did. I bet I don’t average any more here than I did in the UK. I earn a living here, and I can pay my mortgage and bills every month. That mortgage is for a 5 bedroomed property with 2500 square feet of floorspace and it sits in 10 acres of land.

Land on which I get coyotes, deer and I discovered bear ■■■■ out back just yesterday, and on which I can shoot at targets all day without anyone getting uptight. Land which will one day be mine, free and unencumbered. I have 2 cars on my 150 foot driveway, my ATV is on its way, my sons ATV is in the garage.

The road out front is quiet enough that my son and I can play around with RC cars. It is quiet enough that my son can cycle on it. My neighbours are fabulous, too. When my wife was getting her chemo in the UK, they kept an eye on things for me all the time while I was away.

Now the firm. The same firm you say you told to forget it. According to the recruiter, he is still waiting for you to call back. They have been incredibly supportive of me during this difficult time. They have let me run off route so I could spend time with my son. They have looked after me miles wise. They have not let me down at all.

Today, I spent time with 3 brits from the North West. They are really upbeat about the town, the job and the firm. They all say it is the best thing they did. It’s only those from the other side of the pennines who moan. Interesting, that.

So I am a mug in your eyes. Big deal. As you can see, this is of real concern to me.

I enjoy doing the job also Bob … but doing it less than being home is better.
I spent 6 years working 80 odd hours a week over here and the previous 6 months before joining the company I work for no away from home dragging freight across all the states and seeing home 2 days a month if I was lucky.

Last week I worked 27 hours, most weeks I have never worked more than 60 and am at home more than at work. I was employed by Tesco a couple of years before comming here and I thought that was easy… I was wrong :exclamation:
The job I have now is easy … I don’t know how LWR found anything to complain about :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Why was your wife getting treatment in the UK?

The North/South divide, eh Pat? LWR likes to complain about it to keep it exclusive and to stop others from coming! :laughing: :laughing: Only kidding. Rich. Food tanks are great though, aren’t they?

The amount of nonsense that is spouted on here from people is incredible. I don’t care what they say about me. and it looks as though I have offended another one by being truthful.

Never mind, eh?

The reason my wife was treated over there was because she needed intensive chemo and radiotherapies. This would have meant I needed to take several weeks off work to get her to the hospital every day. That wouldn’t have paid the mortgage and bills here, the same as it wouldn’t pay them in the UK.

Also, her mum is there so she was tended well through the terrible side effects. My son and I stayed here. He was able to stay in the school he enjoys and his mum and nana didn’t need to chase home every day to get him.

It wasn’t ideal, but it was the best we could come up with at the time.

Let me put mt 2cents (US) in here , I’ve never met Rocket but they have my upmost respect for packing up and moveing to another country to find a better life. It sounds like everything is going ok for them but if it did’nt they’d still have my respect for trying, anyone can sit and complain about their job or their life but it takes a little courage to take matters into your own hands and do something positive about it.
Also, i think of my job as a job, not a lifestyle, yes, i know i’m the only one that thinks that but to me it’s still a job even though i like doing it :smiley:

Charles

My best wishes, and regards to your wife, hope all is well.

You may have a nice house and land with it , but come on , you telling us you immigrated to Canada to watch google eyed fish swim upstream , and bears dumping in your garden :laughing:
You could have moved to Scotland and had nice big hills and stuff, and animals dumping in your garden, why go all the way to peanut paying Canada , please dont say its a way of life , or I will puke :unamused: .Hope it works for you , but your still a mug :wink:

Firstly i would like to say thanks to Charles for what he said about us packing up and moving,best thing ever.
Actually we where going to live in Scotland after holidaying there a couple of times,but it hasn’t got a patch on Canada and I bet we couldn’t get a 3 bedroomed bungalow on 14 acres for £70,000!!!
Yeah Ron is away from home but not that much,the most he was away was 16days,mostly 8 days away.The kids are happy so are we,life is sweet.

The bear poop in the garden doesn’t bother me( good fertiliser) where else could you stand looking out of the kitchen window and seeing a bear eating sunflower seeds,loads of wildlife in your garden.
You know you’ve done the right thing when your 9 year old says I LOVE THIS PLACE,and the same goes for the rest of us.

Sorry i wouldn’t swap it for anything.
As I have said before it is up to the individuals,and having the guts to pack up and leave,you stay in uk and have a happy life.

Mrs Rocket and family :smiley:

I came here for a little peace and quiet as well as a new start. I wanted out of the ratrace that the UK has become. I got sick and tired of tenants having more rights than me, of bleeding heart liberals crying into their cup of tea over the plight of the illegals while I had the sods pull knives on me when I evicted them.

I had just had enough. I came here for many reasons. The animal scene was, in fact, one of the reasons. If I want hills I can go to them. If I want a beach then I can go up to the lake. My options here are nowhere near as limited as they are for those in the UK.

Your original post said it was a load of tosh, but you don’t know the reality, you just think you do. We, people like Rocket and family and ourselves, have a pretty good idea how things are here for real. You have the theory but not the practical. That is the other part of the test.

We totally agree with bobthedog, and as i have said before don’t knock it till you’ve tried it.
But obviously you haven’t got the balls to try it. Your loss.
mrs rocket :smiley:

I agree with some things bobthedog has to say, but not all , and I dont want to try it, i like earning money , and my home time :laughing: .
As far as my balls are concerned you would not like them hanging from your chin :stuck_out_tongue:
Have a nice day :laughing:

This is getting a bit borderline on the “turning into a pointless slanging match” front…can we keep it a bit less inflammatory and personal? Would hate to have to pull it, as there’s some good info in here amongst the macho crap. :wink:

I wouldn’t like any part of your anatomy around me thankyou
have a good life ebenezer
mrs rocket

Lucy:
This is getting a bit borderline on the “turning into a pointless slanging match” front…can we keep it a bit less inflammatory and personal? Would hate to have to pull it, as there’s some good info in here amongst the macho crap. :wink:

Whoops :open_mouth: , catching up Monday because computer crashed Sunday, read all this stuff with little time to spare, fingers poised to issue mild warning, then Bam! Some lady with Italian wheels jumps in before me. :open_mouth: :laughing:

Nice one Lucy :wink: , I will continue as long as the machine lasts but rushing to the dentist, the lawyers, the dogplace etc… :imp:

Lucy:

I just remembered why I left this forum all those years ago :laughing: :laughing:

Bye y’all see ya on the other one. :wink:

Likewise, Pat.

:smiley: Somebody get the coffees in I’ll be right over( Bob I believe it’s your turn) :laughing: :wink:

I am all for free and open discussion / debate but there really has to be two educated sides to a good debate. The pro Canada side has been very well documented on this forum and should Steveo actually be prepared to put up some sound facts and solid info as to the negative side of the debate perhaps we could continue. Allowing more members a chance to see all sides of the story.

However on the plus side bob I suspect he would not be suited to the life up North and were he to venture across the pond he would be more at home in somewhere like Alabamee paddle faster I hear banjos :wink: