Canada

Was talking to a work colleague yesterday about making the move over to Canada.
Does anybody know anything about the situation out there i.e types of work,pay,standard of living,is it all long haul work etc
any info greatly recieved ,not all negative though eh :wink: :wink:

trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=21424

Plenty of info on that thread, also many other threads in the ex-pats forum on the subject.

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

marcustandy:
There are often questions posted on TrucknetUK, and in this particular forum more than others, that are quite frankly repeat questions. In the majority of cases some time spent utilising the search facility would answer most of them.

I appreciate that sometimes time is in short supply and so below are most of the useful links that I have come across during my slow but ever-ongoing research into emigrating to Canada. Some of these are links that I picked up at an Emigration Fair held in Scotland a year or so ago, a very useful event indeed that I recommend to others.

I am not an expert on this subject, far from it, but I have done a fair bit of research. We already have regular posters that have ‘been there and done that’ who can give up to date advice. Me, i’m just trying to make the research easier for you so you don’t have to ask the ‘same old same old’ questions!! :wink:

relocate2bc.com/
outboundpublishing.com/cgi-b … 0009000004
outboundpublishing.com/cgi-b … tem=000004
outboundpublishing.com/cgi-b … tem=000004
canadianland.wanadoo.co.uk/
travelmanitoba.com/default.asp?page=77
albertaimmigration.com/
kent.ca/online_shopping/homeplans/h2878.htm
originallogcabins.com/home.html
globalhouseplans.com/
canilink.com/index2.shtml
swanvalleycanada.com/
asessippiparkland.com/
dauphin.ca/
gov.mb.ca/labour/immigrate/index.html
steinbach.ca/
city-of-steinbach.com/
trucking.mb.ca/main.htm
bigfreight.com/index/drivers/
bobthedog.freewebspace.com/

*The bottom link is to one of those ‘been there done that’ experts that I mentioned!! :wink: :laughing: :laughing:

:unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

:wink:

Thank you very much mr Tandy,theres no need for the rolling eyes though is there?
:wink: :laughing:

The rolloing eyes were in relation to the ‘ironic-ness’ (made up word) of your post, in-so-much-as, it was exactly the reason I compiled the list of links, all together, in the first place!!

See my updated signature (taken from a less friendly and more straight-talking place than this)!! :confused: :confused: :confused:

:wink: :wink:

I think what Martin is trying to say Bikemonkey, is check out the ‘search’ button above first. That’s what it’s there for. :wink: :laughing:

By the way Martin, no need to invent your own language, how about ‘irony’? :laughing: :sunglasses:

Irony, irony, they’ve all got it iro…no. p’raps not. :blush: