CANADA

why dont you see many canadians in the uk , because there nearly all skint.
so why would anyone pay out loads of cash just to drive one of there trucks.
IT WOULD BE LIKE MOVING INTO A FRIDGE FREEZER

IF THEY WONT DRIVERS LET THEM PAY FOR THE MOVE
CANADA THIS CANADA THAT BAAAAAA- HUMBUG :open_mouth:

so im told by someone in the family whove just gone[hes gone , mrs and kids will follow in a few months] they can sell there house over here , buy a lot better one over there and bank a lot of money and have a lot higher standard of living
when there settled were going to visit and then well see if its right or not, if it is right well you no the next move but until i see for myself im not so sure.
why arnt the canadians queing up to drive the trucks if its that well paid with such a good standard of living.
one things for sure at least hes having a go at improving his and his famalies life instead of just moaning about it :blush: :blush:
will just have to wait and see

not moaning stating a fact , one born every minute.
how can being away from family 12days plus be inproving standed of living :unamused: :unamused:

you stay where you are HUMBUG.
if you do not understand that an opportunity is being offered to people,who want to start a new life,companies over here are offering the chance to come and help out with the formalities of immigration etc.and of course a job to go with it,they are not begging anybody to come here,they dont need HUMBUGS either they can buy them in the shops,go back to your planet of nod and stay there.

Steveo1

US and Canada have been growing fast for the last 20 years, there is a shortage of truck drivers. Decent company drivers make $60 to $80,000 in the US. Owner drivers make much more. I know of Canadian drivers who make the same in can.dollars. Not too shabby.

As for being away from home weeks at a time, thats a life style choice. There are thousands of local and regional jobs. The company I work for offered me a choice. 48 states,regional,dedicated or local.

One more point. It’s not what you make ,it’s what you keep that counts. The UK’s oppressive tax system ■■■■■.

never been to nod ,but its got to be better then CANADA :smiley:

have you ever been to canada?? mr bahh humbug don’t knock it till you try it,it is an idividual choice,you stay in the uk if you want,we are glad we made the move.
mrs rocket

I think you are stirring it with tongue ever so slightly in cheek, Steveo, but it is insulting to people who have weighed the pros and cons and made the decision. Although I feel you are on the brink of achieving your aim nobody has really bitten yet, so let’s just keep it civil.
As Longway says, ‘it’s a lifestyle choice’. Not yours ok, so let it be.

Good job they dont drive trucks on the moon, everyone would be saying how fab that was :smiley:

steveo1:
Good job they dont drive trucks on the moon, everyone would be saying how fab that was :smiley:

You mean it isn’t :question: :open_mouth: No traffic jams. :laughing:

No point biting, David. Waste of time. For the record, I was away up to 6 weeks at a time in Europe, so 12 days is a breeze.

Still glad I came out here. What’s wong with living in a fridge freezer, anyway? Must be better than the pressure cooker that the UK has become.

There will be trucks on the Moon as soon as they build the first RDC

for Asda and Tesco and the rest :laughing:

Charles

wots up steveo1 have you been over and got shafted?? or just havent got the minerals to do the job?

shafted no, minerals yes baaaaaaaaaa—humbug

steveo1 you love that phrase baaaaaaaaaa humbug don’t you :laughing: :laughing: your not really called ebenezar scrooge are you :question:
mrs rocket :laughing:

cant wait to make it to canada. took my hgv 18months ago soley for the reason of moving out of england, mainly because i wanted to be able to look back on my life and be able to say i have done something. as soon as i have had my 2yrs experience i will be on my way over.

I love Canada. :laughing:

Please call

steveo1:
I love Canada. :laughing:

I find that statement hard to believe.
I, on the other hand, am proud of my country.
LOVE of country is more of an American thing.

It’s funny. I love being in Canada, and am very proud and glad that I moved. Even with all the troubles with my wife’s health, I am still very happy here.

I looked at your blog, Steve. It’s quite nicely done but you are still slightly guilty of omission. I still fail to see why you need $60000 to start out. I have done just fine with a quarter of that and I said so in a reply on the thread.

Another user is on with that firm, and he is very happy there. It would appear to be a horses for courses thing again.

We love it too and we came over with less than $60000.Again i say it is up to the individuals,it isn’t everyones cup of tea,but we are sure glad we did it and i am sorry for those it didn’t work out for.That is all i am saying on the matter i do not wish to have a slanging match with anyone,everyone has their own opinions.
take care all
mrs rocket :smiley: