Canada Vacation

Hi guys
I know drivers in Canada would do around 10-12 days away driving and 2-3 days at home but does anyone know the average vacation time per year?
cheers for your help
Rick

I reckon this might be a good time to go and get a few days holiday relief :stuck_out_tongue:

Saskatchewan Hunting Regulations
Moose
Season:Sept 23 to Oct 5 (dates vary in some zones)
Limit: 1 either ■■■
Sasak. Resident: License Fee $33, resident draw $55
Canadian: License Fee $165 (must use the services of a licensed outfitter)

2 weeks mate.
canadians dont really go for this holiday thing.
but by the end of july i will have taken 5 weeks off.with no pay.
we get 4% of our wage holiday pay every time we get paid.
work that out if you can,i cant.

Rickcav:
Hi guys
I know drivers in Canada would do around 10-12 days away driving and 2-3 days at home but does anyone know the average vacation time per year?
cheers for your help
Rick

Vacation standards vary by province as employment standards are a Provincial responsibility.
The minimum in Ontario is 2 weeks vacation after a full year’s service.
That is paid at a minimum of 4% of gross earnings.

Now for the person that said “Canadians don’t go for this holiday thing”; you must compare with your true competition…the Americans.
There are NO statuary minimums for vacation; most US carriers offer the generous vacation of
1 week after one year’s service.

thanks for that guys has helped a lot i suppose if i need some time off it can be unpaid anyway lol cheers

as for that person who said the canadians dont go for this holiday thing,we dont have to compare with americans or anybody else for that matter. when did you last here a canadian say,oh i am off to california/florida/can cun/during my 14 days holiday this year,oh and i have worked for the same company for 10 years,and i have never seen the sea.

vastly exp:
as for that person who said the canadians dont go for this holiday thing,we dont have to compare with americans or anybody else for that matter. when did you last here a canadian say,oh i am off to california/florida/can cun/during my 14 days holiday this year,oh and i have worked for the same company for 10 years,and i have never seen the sea.

Sorry; Vastly…I don’t follow your reasoning.
IN TRUCKING…yes you do have to compare with the Americans.
They can come up here and haul loads back to the States and they virtually have no employment rights of any kind.
How many drivers stay with a company long enough to build any senority including vacation entitlements?
Many drivers are too tired to go anywhere when they do take time off. They sit around and drink beer and watch television.
They can’t drink beer during their “time off” if they are going back into the truck within a few hours.
As far as seeing the sea?
It’s a long way from Alberta to the sea…many people can’t be bothered.
I posted the legal minimum requirements as in the Ontario Employment Standards Act.

I should add that some drivers will save their money and take several months off but that will be unpaid.