Canada to the Mexican border diary with pics

hammer:
Excellent diary, always enjoy reading your stuff.

I have a few questions;

1. When I was in the US earlier this year I noticed the trucks don’t seem to be speed limited at all. From your times and distances, you seem to have averaged 66mph on most days?
  2. I noticed a huge amount of blown out tyres at the sides of the road, persumably connected with the above?
  3. What kind of fuel economy does the truck do at these speeds?
  4. How dangerous are the truck stops? Do you carry a gun / bat / something to defend yourself with?

Mine is limited to 75mph so its easy to maintain a good average speed for the day on the open roads out here.
Not had any trouble with blowouts our place wont fit remoulds or recapped tyres, but your right they are everywhere all over the road and take some dodging in the dark. Fuel can be from 6.5mpg to 9.5mpg taking in all factors Had no problems with parking anywhere in the time ive been over here, there are some real choice truckstops about thou

wire:
Nice read mate. well done. all 379 Petes are soooo sweet!

There you go Sparky, fixed that for ya :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

Santa:
Why do you have to sheet scraper blades?

Please don`t get me started on this :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Cheers for all the comments :smiley:

FTTM, NMN is doing great with the healthy side of life, i even tried it myself the other night when he was around here and was so impressed i`ll be sticking to it myself. Half a case of miller gen draft, 2 plates of chicken curry with fried rice & chips, 1 plate of chicken stirfry, and cheesecake :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

nianiamh:

Santa:

FTTM, NMN is doing great with the healthy side of life, i even tried it myself the other night when he was around here and was so impressed i`ll be sticking to it myself. Half a case of miller gen draft, 2 plates of chicken curry with fried rice & chips, 1 plate of chicken stirfry, and cheesecake :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

GRASS :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

enjoyable read and some good pics. well done!

great read, with some cracking pics, nice 1 :sunglasses:
the truck that your buddy has, and also the cattle truck in your pics, i really like that look, kind of low slung old school, do they have a name out there for that kind of truck?

Good read and pics mate. Have you any pics of your unit inside? Looks like u got plenty of room in there!!!

greetings from wrexham top ride/story keep um coming bud. save drive len :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

How long are them spikes on the front wheels .What are they made of.

fingermissing:
How long are them spikes on the front wheels .What are they made of.

There about 4.5 inch long, there only made of plastic but screw onto the wheel stud so they stay in place on impact :laughing: and im led to believe theyre good at making the same design on cars as the olympic flag :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

newmercman:

nianiamh:

Santa:

You would of eaten that as well no doubt if the wife hadn`t cut it that day :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Quite a trek with such a low value load. But very interesting pictures and comments

I wonder if you ever double them flats up and save a bit of fuel, or with those axle spreads it may be difficult to get them on.

Wheel Nut:
Quite a trek with such a low value load. But very interesting pictures and comments

I wonder if you ever double them flats up and save a bit of fuel, or with those axle spreads it may be difficult to get them on.

Is a long way for what the load is Wheel Nut, still nothing stranger than the world of transport :laughing:

Never any need to double em up as the loads back upto canada pay very well so i am led to beleive.

Trubrit:
You got the good reload…how long did Christa wait in Laredo for his??

He was lucky, all loaded and on his way for tea time.

chilistrucker:
great read, with some cracking pics, nice 1 :sunglasses:
the truck that your buddy has, and also the cattle truck in your pics, i really like that look, kind of low slung old school, do they have a name out there for that kind of truck?

Yes they call them PROPER Peterbilts, not like the Squinty Eyed Chinese version that Nianiamh drives :unamused: :laughing:

The correct term for them is a ‘flat top’ the higher bunk like on Nianiamh’s and my proper Peterbilt are known as ‘stand up sleepers’ and cabs like the Volvo are known as ‘condo cabs’ You’re spot on though, the flat top 379 with the right bits on it, is by far the best looking truck ever made :wink:

nianiamh:

newmercman:

nianiamh:

Santa:

You would of eaten that as well no doubt if the wife hadn`t cut it that day :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

The only green stuff I eat is the pickles in me BigMac :laughing: :laughing:

cracking diary and pics :smiley: cheers for taking the time to post.

Nice one. spot on job. makes a man wont to move on.