Canada bound

hi guys at this moment in time i am sat at my comp talking to my best mate who has taken the plunge, sold up and moved to the outskirts of Edmonton. The lucky bar steward. he has been there for 4 yrs and although found it hard at first to settle now calls it home.
This has got me into thinking should i also take the plunge and try for somthing better at the min i work for the local council doin surface dressing in the summer months, gritting winter months, and tarmac, concrete finishing, and bloc paving the rest of the time. I hold a uk class 2 licence. If i was to take the plunge would it be better for me to take my uk class 1 or would i get a sponsor by just having a class 2 any info would be great thanks x

Made up my mind!! tryin hard to get the boss to pay for class 1 some times need to tow a trailer round with the lorry so thats the call hope he takes the bait he he , If not will take the plunge and pay for it myself :frowning:
then dunno if that works will either try and get a part time driving job to gain experence or try and get a full time job and quit or with all the layoffs perhaps ask them to lay me off ■■? i can see its gonna take a while either way !! :laughing:

It’s not all artic work out here, but the companies that exploit, sorry I mean help you get over here by offering jobs, all require a British class 1, as far as I know anyway, if you can’t find anybody to sponsor you then that’s pretty much the way to come over, so get that class 1 asap, you need two years experience as part of the immigration programme requirements :wink: