Can you use a handout on your Mod 4 test?

Hi can you use a handout on a Mod 4 test? or anyother content as a guide?

I had a credit card sized card given to me on training day so I had everything I needed to perform a daily check. Was told that this is fine and accepted but don’t know if you are only allowed certain things on it

NickW88:
I had a credit card sized card given to me on training day so I had everything I needed to perform a daily check. Was told that this is fine and accepted but don’t know if you are only allowed certain things on it

Thanks

NickW88:

Like Nick has said for Q5 (the one about checks) you can have a card or paper that has all the things you need to check on it, thats all ok but you cant have and other help on you

I admit to being a little bewildered. Toffee396 first wanted the use of a reversing area, then a Mod 4 trolley and now doesn’t know what can and cant be used on a Mod 4 test.

Doesn’t bode too well for his trainees.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Wondered where I’d seen that name before haha

Watchout Pete, your bookings could be in jeopardy!

Yeah, right!

Seriously got no problem with anyone setting up training - provided they know what they’re doing and they, themselves, have been trained to train - - which most haven’t. I don’t know Toffee396 but he doesn’t appear to be up to date with current requirements.

Just highlights to me why I decided to go with an accredited training company

Peter Smythe:
I admit to being a little bewildered. Toffee396 first wanted the use of a reversing area, then a Mod 4 trolley and now doesn’t know what can and cant be used on a Mod 4 test.

Doesn’t bode too well for his trainees.

LOL dont worry pete your safe. reversing area found and is free winner! I am a DSA intructor but i dont teach CPC, i work for a company im not setting one up but i am there only intructor.
very well payed dont work w,ends and dont work past 5 and ive just picked my new company car. As i was in the army this time last year i am fully awere that im learning as i go but all my students have passed so far so im doing somthing right. thanks for the help wont ask agian buddy

Peter Smythe:
Yeah, right!

Seriously got no problem with anyone setting up training - provided they know what they’re doing and they, themselves, have been trained to train - - which most haven’t. I don’t know Toffee396 but he doesn’t appear to be up to date with current requirements.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:[/quot

ive had three lads pass there mod 4 this week so its all good, if you would like me to pop up to prove im qualified im happy to! at least im asking the questions and not trying to wingit!

Don’t have to prove anything to me! But if you’d been a bit more open with your background, the comments wouldn’t have come at you.

And you’re welcome to ask anything you want. I am genuinely only interested in getting and maintaining higher standards in an industry that’s in a mess.

Peter Smythe:
Don’t have to prove anything to me! But if you’d been a bit more open with your background, the comments wouldn’t have come at you.

And you’re welcome to ask anything you want. I am genuinely only interested in getting and maintaining higher standards in an industry that’s in a mess.

im not trying to offend, I teach Hgv Tech,s in house we are one truck and dont avertise to the public. Like i said ive only just left the army was in the royal engineers for 12 years so teaching is up my street but i am new to this, in my last job i was givin a truck and to students and off i went, now im doing it all myself so its a learning curve, ive only had 25 students since ive started this job 6 months ago, all have passed 15 first timers 10 2nd time rsno 3 timers yet but there will be lol.