Can you split your weekly rest?

A driving assessor who used to be a tramper said to me a while a go you can. He said if you take a day off then work then take a day off and you had your weekly rest time off in that week it counts and that you don’t have to take a continuous weekly rest is this true?.

No. It must be concurrent hours.

I am unaware of previous regs but now the rules state rest hours must be concurrent.

convoy:
A driving assessor who used to be a tramper said to me a while a go you can. He said if you take a day off then work then take a day off and you had your weekly rest time off in that week it counts and that you don’t have to take a continuous weekly rest is this true?.

Only a rest period of 45 consecutive hours counts as a full weekly rest period, anything between 24 hours and 44 hours 59 minutes counts as a reduced weekly rest period.

Two separate reduced weekly rest periods of 24 hours or more do not count as a regular weekly rest period.

You should have a regular 45 hour weekly rest period at-least every second week, you can have reduced weekly rest periods every other week but compensation must be paid back for any time that the weekly rest period is reduced by.

So the answer to your question is, no there is no such thing as a split weekly rest period.

This was about last june or july time and I had not heard that before. It would have come in handy this week but I will take 2 days off so I can work sunday. I will have to tell the agency as they give you a days work then you take one off and so on throughout the week it messes things up.

convoy:
This was about last june or july time and I had not heard that before. It would have come in handy this week but I will take 2 days off so I can work sunday. I will have to tell the agency as they give you a days work then you take one off and so on throughout the week it messes things up.

If you had a 45 hour rest period last week and have a 45 hour rest period next week you can legally have just a 24 hour rest period this week.