Can you help with this Leyland

Not being very technical with regards screen shots but could any Trucknet bods shed any light on this Landtrain.
If you jump to the 40 second mark it has some good in focus video.
Also,shots of Blackwall Tunnel without a queue.

youtube.com/watch?v=eKy_puDDnRk

Hi could be wrong here but they look like a load of leyland trucks that had the body’s built by york trailer’s up here in co durham, my dad worked there building the pto pumps think he said all for export, you could see them all parked up around the factory hope this help’s.

14 TOO:
Not being very technical with regards screen shots but could any Trucknet bods shed any light on this Landtrain.

■■■■ RIVERS DROVE THIS IN THIS VIDEO

bradfordlad9999:

14 TOO:

The make-up artist did a good job.

[zb]
anorak:

bradfordlad9999:

14 TOO:

You can say that again,when i click on the link i get a video of “wishing well” by Free :confused:
Is ■■■■ Rivers the brunette wearing the leather mini skirt? :laughing:

Evening all, “BAT”, (where did they get that plate), was a promotional and Press Landtrain. She was to the same spec, (but with extra chrome etc), as the ones shipped to the Falklands. And Im pretty sure she ended her days at “Bleak House” open cast at Burntwood Staffs, having passed through the hands of my old friend Malcolm Harrison.

Where do you Gentlemen find these “gems”■■ Nice Swan though! Cheerio for now.

I wouldn’t be surprised if that motor was a “pretend” left-■■■■■■ for the sake of the film. Great music by the way, I’ve viewed the clip several times in the past. Cheers Haddy.

Suedehead:

[zb]
anorak:

bradfordlad9999:

14 TOO:

You can say that again,when i click on the link i get a video of “wishing well” by Free :confused:

+1

I actually move a couple of these left ■■■■■■ Landtrains, from a paint sprayers at Minworth to Whale tankers IIRC, this would have been around 1983.

Jakdaw:

Suedehead:

[zb]
anorak:

bradfordlad9999:

14 TOO:

+1

■■■■ rivers was leylands test driver the driving scenes were done buy him in stuff like this

A fair few of the Falklands motors survived:

theres a pic of the tipper landtrain on flickr,if you type in leyland landtrain its on a vehicle lift at the leyland test track apparently.

I remember we had a couple of these at Longton Transport Equipment, i converted the cabs to sleepers, they were just your Leyland Boxer type cab with a big nose on the front, early 80s i think, not sure where they went to though.

fryske:
A fair few of the Falklands motors survived:

In the top right hand corner of one of those pictures,appears to be a black F88 or F89 or am I to be corrected?

David :neutral_face:

Looks like it to me 5thwheel :smiley: Ripe for restoration maybe? I was going to ask where these pics were taken?
Regards Chris

adr:
Looks like it to me 5thwheel :smiley: Ripe for restoration maybe? I was going to ask where these pics were taken?
Regards Chris

It’s a Leyland Constructor - next to the Landtrain:

I took the pics in a yard in Warwickshire - it’s all been cleared out now -

Here are the rest of the pics:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/fryske/sets/72157617567072700/

There’s an F88 here - ripe for restoration!

fryske:

adr:
Regards Chris

Hiya just looked through the photo’s again Steve, i can’t belive their was so much going on in that yard.
if only you’d found it 10 years sooner.
hope you’re keeping well. how’s the little lad?? its time you posted him with another truck to see how tall he is now.
John

fryske:

adr:
Regards Chris

Hiya just looked through the photo’s again Steve, i can’t belive their was so much going on in that yard.
hope you’re keeping well. how’s the little lad?? its time you posted him with another truck to see how tall he is now.
John

fryske:

adr:
Regards Chris

John