Can you have too many lights?

dont get me wrong on this,i like a tidy truck with all the bells n whistles,but theres gotta be a limit to how many lights you need?overtaken by a harrisons of preston scania the other mornin,tidy piece of kit,a credit to the owner…but 46 rear led lights on trailer!!!its like someone havin their fog lights on!i can see the point of spots on the front,especially doin a lot of driving out in the wilds of scotland etc

yes
enough is enough
too many is over the top

mains front fogs 2 low spots 2 high spots max
2 work lights to rear

Depends where you’re driving as to how many lights are necessary, if you were driving roadtrains in the Australian outback then a couple of spotlights might help avoid (or assist your aim at :open_mouth: ) kangaroo’s and dingo’s. But in the UK seems a bit of a waste of money, apart from advertising that the driver is either registered bind or just a pratt, but each to their own. (bit like tassled curtains but I’m not even going there!!!).

Tiger

Yeah well, driving in Aussie outback, bright lights mesmerise the roo’s, they just sir there staring at ya and just as you go to go round them, they hop in front of you… that’s why we have bull bars, not just for cows and bulls.

NOT THIS AGAIN! :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

MR VAIN:
NOT THIS AGAIN! :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Now calm down Mr Vain, given that whooshwhoosh joined trucknet in November 2006 and only has 298 posts I would assume he’s a busy guy and may not have seen similar posts, you on the other hand Mr Vain have only been here since March 2008 with 1241 posts. I know a lot of posts are dulplicated, triplicated, quadricated (is that the right word?) and those of us that are out on the road all week miss posts because we’re just too knackered or just dont get the time to look. I was on 4/5 nights til a few months ago, now I’ve got time on my hands - horses for course as they say :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :wink:

Tiger.

Sorry for this :blush: but i see “tassled curtains” was mentioned again.
Saw some in a skip lorry this week(they were in the cab, not the skip before you ask) :laughing: :laughing:

suppose its all about, whats classed as tasteful or not, and beings we are all individuals, its purely a matter of personal preference.
i’m not 1 for dream catchers, and tassly curtains, but that doesn’t make me right.
i like a smart set of spot lights, and chrome stacks, but others don’t, all about the horsesfor courses thing i suppose.

on the subject of lights though, i was in the isle of grain, couple of weeks back, it was dark, and a daf space cab pulled in, think it was an older one, and it must have had over a 100 lights on it, (honestly, thats not an exageration), it was the maddest thing i’ve seen for a long time.

its a 1 of a kind.
anyone else seen it■■? you’d def know, if you have.

just a thought.
if you do put lots and lots and lots of lights on and a bulb on one goes out, are you commiting an offence. or is it just the legally required lights that must be operating?

Never felt the need for any more than the truck comes with but then I am fairly well hung.

i think you find its not 46 rear leds but 3 continental clusters on each side plus a few across the top

no,trust me,it was 46 led lights! 12 of the round double led single light units=24 plus22 separate led units!
ps mr vain,im well impressed by your scanny,given the chance i too would love a unit as well kept,but honestly,is there any need for so many lights?the side of the trailer was covered too,as was the rear n front of unit?think of us mere fleet mortals followin you eh? :unamused:

jammymutt:
but then I am fairly well hung.

You’ve had a run in with the klu klux klan? Most of their customers ended up well hung. :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

chilistrucker:
suppose its all about, whats classed as tasteful or not, and beings we are all individuals, its purely a matter of personal preference.
i’m not 1 for dream catchers, and tassly curtains, but that doesn’t make me right.
i like a smart set of spot lights, and chrome stacks, but others don’t, all about the horsesfor courses thing i suppose.

on the subject of lights though, i was in the isle of grain, couple of weeks back, it was dark, and a daf space cab pulled in, think it was an older one, and it must have had over a 100 lights on it, (honestly, thats not an exageration), it was the maddest thing i’ve seen for a long time.

its a 1 of a kind.

NOPE! CAN’T SAY THAT I HAVE! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

i rest my case! :unamused:

MR VAIN:

chilistrucker:

its a 1 of a kind.

NOPE! CAN’T SAY THAT I HAVE! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Who is the bloke with a pint in one hand and a lens in the other?
:laughing: :laughing:
“Honest mate, it fell off”

thanks mate.
that was indeed the 1.

i’d love too know how many individual lights that has?

must one of the new one havent been in theyard for a few weeks will have a look time im back in the yard we share there yard

MR VAIN:

chilistrucker:

its a 1 of a kind.

Oh my goodness. PMSL!!!That is over the top!!!
Better show my boss this pic. He thinks my truck will look like a circus wagon when I get my perimeter lights fitted. Show him this he might change his attitude towards them. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic. … ight=#3151