Can YOU give me a job please?

Wa gwan fellow truckwhores lol

So it’s been about a month since I sailed through my LGV tests haha. Now I vanting a jobings!!! It’s difficult that’s a given. I’ve applied for so many jobs and luckily had a few calls back but to no avail Coz of lack of experience. Luckily I’m comfortable in my current job role so can and will be patient. Gonna start heading to companies in person as well to try and get my foot in the door. It’s funny tho as I do get why companies are dubious to hire newbies driving their big expensive trucks and loads. However!!! I am awesome and will make YOU proud so can I have a job please■■? Get my name out there peeps. I’ve had 50 plus years driving a truck for a living… In a previous life but that’ll be ok on my cv and application no? By the way, I am not drunk at all. Hahahaha. Peace and love brothers and sisters.

By that post, are you surprised that you haven’t had much luck? :open_mouth:

Hahaha I don’t actually present myself like that when putting myself forward for a job hahaha. I’m actually on the ball but that doesn’t matter in this trade. You gotta be a great driver and do the job right. I get that and I’d say I’m worthy. I was only messin. Gonna keep applying tho. Signed up to agencies and an will to take a small pay cut to get the job I want.

Your not awesome you sound like a idiot sorry if it offends you but its true.

Colin_scottish:
Your not awesome you sound like a idiot sorry if it offends you but its true.

Firstly you know nothing about me Scotty not hotty, however, I am not here for an argument I was simply posting what was supposed to be a sarcastic and funny post. Obviously you didn’t see that. Perhaps I am an idiot. I’ve been called a lot worse but thanks for taking the time to tell me that. Takes more than name calling to offend me geeza. Have a lovely day :slight_smile:

First impressions count everywhere, and I think it’s best to build up a bit of a rapport with someone first before you bring humour (as you perceive it) into a situation…

So my advice is drop the funnies and big personality, and approach interviews as someone serious and keen!
The jokes and banter come later!!!

Evil8Beezle:
First impressions count everywhere, and I think it’s best to build up a bit of a rapport with someone first before you bring humour (as you perceive it) into a situation…

So my advice is drop the funnies and big personality, and approach interviews as someone serious and keen!
The jokes and banter come later!!!

Yeah I completely agree. I would never present myself like that in an interview anyway. Ever. I’m a suit pen pusher at the moment and I do take it seriously. It’s a big deal I know that. Thanks for the advice. Was just having some banter with you guys but fair dos and thanks.

This isn’t you is it?

:laughing:

Rat67:
This isn’t you is it?

:laughing:

Hahaha that’s me :slight_smile:

Actually got a call for an interview today as well so let’s see.

I recon with all the posts lately about finding work and all the great advice on here the PO22 8BQ was trying to have a laugh as this type of post asking from work keeps coming up… I get it.

Doobz84… when is the interview and with who? Very best of luck… I have a TM calling me tomorrow who is interested in me for Class 2 with a reputable company… so fingers crossed this side too…

Let me know how you get on!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Mistiek:
I recon with all the posts lately about finding work and all the great advice on here the PO22 8BQ was trying to have a laugh as this type of post asking from work keeps coming up… I get it.

Doobz84… when is the interview and with who? Very best of luck… I have a TM calling me tomorrow who is interested in me for Class 2 with a reputable company… so fingers crossed this side too…

Hey ya. Thanks for that. It’s an agency but have a post for a permanent tipper driver job that’s local to me so going over Saturday hopefully to find out more and see what comes of it. Just going to do my best and hopefully get something soon. I’ll keep applying and visiting companies though. I can be patient as I am comfortable in my current job but really do want a new career driving hgv’s so will keep pursuing. I’ll keep you updated and good luck to yourself as well. Let me know too. Have a nice evening mate. :slight_smile:

This isn’t a thread on “struggling to find work”, it’s about interviews for directly employed, not employed.
I don’t and won’t accept that it’s not had to find work if you follow 2 simple rules:

A: Don’t be a muppet!
B: Have a positive “can do attitude”…

Do as you are asked, be polite, be responsible, follow the law, and get the job done as prescribed!
Agencies will happily place people like this, and those people will quickly get the better jobs…
Yes some agencies are crap, but I’ve limped almost a year now since passing, and I’ve a far better CV for it due to the variety, far better than another member here who passed both classes about the same time, and he’s directly employed…

I completely agree. It’s great advice and I do take it seriously. I’m still buzzing just from passing. I’ll get there. All us newbies will eventually.

Doobz84:

Mistiek:

Hey ya. Thanks for that. It’s an agency but have a post for a permanent tipper driver job that’s local to me so going over Saturday hopefully to find out more and see what comes of it. Just going to do my best and hopefully get something soon. I’ll keep applying and visiting companies though. I can be patient as I am comfortable in my current job but really do want a new career driving hgv’s so will keep pursuing. I’ll keep you updated and good luck to yourself as well. Let me know too. Have a nice evening mate. :slight_smile:

Only one requirement to being a tipper driver, be cheap! So while this is frowned upon, for your FIRST gig, I personally would be happy to do a days FREE driving (another guy’s payload) while he assesses you for the boss. It shows commitment on your part, but ONLY as a 1st GIG fresh faced newbie!

Do a free assessment/days work any other time, and you’re a SCAB pal! :open_mouth:
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Ok that’s sounds fair and shows commitment like you say. I may even suggest doing that and at least if it’s not for me, they won’t have wasted a days wage. I’m sure I’d love it though. I also would love to do HIAB work as well for builders merchants. That really appeals but will take anything I can just to gain some experience. I can’t wait for the day. :slight_smile:

OK, have a look here if HIAB and builders merchants is for you. (I did this for a month as a filler and to help out my agency!)
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=136558
Do me a favour and make a comment and bump it back up, as I wrote it to help Newbies…

As for doing a free day, I don’t think you yet appreciate what even month’s experience is worth and how many doors will now either be be ajar, or open… :wink:

Evil8Beezle:
OK, have a look here if HIAB and builders merchants is for you. (I did this for a month as a filler and to help out my agency!)
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=136558
Do me a favour and make a comment and bump it back up, as I wrote it to help Newbies…

As for doing a free day, I don’t think you yet appreciate what even month’s experience is worth and how many doors will now either be be ajar, or open… :wink:

That’s awesome. Thank you.

Doobz84:

Mistiek:

Get yourself on the tippers …you’ll love it [emoji2]

BeakFreak81:

I really really want to. That or HIAB are my ideal roles in hgv driving. I’m gutted as there was a job going at McGee’s right near to where I live and had a call from the TM but needed more experience. Was well gutted about that.

Doobz84:

BeakFreak81:

I really really want to. That or HIAB are my ideal roles in hgv driving. I’m gutted as there was a job going at McGee’s right near to where I live and had a call from the TM but needed more experience. Was well gutted about that.

Oops didn’t quote that properly. Lol