Can you by law!

i juat wanted to know if you can by law or contract HAND your weeks notice in whilst being on holiday :question: :question: :question:

bocockjnr:
i juat wanted to know if you can by law or contract HAND your weeks notice in whilst being on holiday :question: :question: :question:

I would say yes by law but each company contract policy may say different and that contract would have to be adhered to by law.

good morning ROG and thankyou very much :smiley: :smiley:

Ive done it in the past :slight_smile:

but that was about 6 years ago ws working at place where you didnt get overtime but accrued days off in lieu, got to the point where I was owed 9 days and the boss wouldnt let me have them.So I went out found another job and then handed in my notice and included the message as they owed me 9 days in leiu I considered that to be my 7 days notice and was finishing on that day

:sunglasses:

YES

:slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Yes,as long as you have enough holiday entitlement available.
Legal term is “In lieu of notice”

as of the 1st jan 2009 his holiday was started again so he,s got 23days holiday i take it this would count■■?

bocockjnr:
as of the 1st jan 2009 his holiday was started again so he,s got 23days holiday i take it this would count■■?

No it wouldn’t in that case. He would have to work one month before he is entitled to 1.5 paid days off,
Otherwise you could start a job with a company then take 3 weeks paid holiday.
But if you are right then i’ll start tomorow. :laughing:

But if it is pre-booked holiday they will pay you for it but if you have not worked long enough to accrue sufficient holiday entitlement to cover it when you leave then they can deduct it from your leaving salary…

Yes I,ve done it. Had 2 weeks holiday left and used it as my 2 weeks notice. Also kept the company car for those two weeks as well. :sunglasses: