Can this be real?

totaljobs.com/Jobseeking/job19744308.html

Check out the above link it is a job advert I came accross offering a £55k salary.
I put it on the drivers forum to see what the response would be for such a job offer and wether you all think its poss to earn that sort of money truck driving or if you think its some one having a laugh.
Personnaly I’m trying to get out of driving and have just started a business away from trucks otherwise I might have called them myself.
If its genuine then I hope someone on here benefits and gets the job.

Paul

that job looks real,no bull

At a guess I would imagine the salary is 55k EUROS, about £37500 sterling.
Not bad but for upto 4 weeks away at a time, double manned :open_mouth: …no thanks.

Justa thought but the company names is “MedHaven ES”…would that mean it`s a Spanish based outfit (hence the salary in Euros!!)

Good luck for those going for it…but if you have never done double manned before then think hard about it first… :smiley: :smiley: :wink:

Heres a link to another page that they are advertising on…

Click Here
the job is the 9th up from the bottom…and yes its 55k sterling!! (yeah right :unamused: )

i agree bullit double manned is cack, worse if your both living in the cab all week, i did that once, once only, done never repeated, not by me anyway!

bullitt:
At a guess I would imagine the salary is 55k EUROS, about £37500 sterling.

I thought that at first but on further reading I noticed this bit

Salary: £55k per annum (flat rate)

So I guess it is good old pounds sterling then.

It strikes me there is a lot more to the job than just driving and to be honest if I qualified on the languages and education bit I would consider going for it, but sadly I don’t. I think it could be quite interesting though.

Coffeeholic:
I qualified on the languages and education bit I would consider going for it, but sadly I don’t. I think it could be quite interesting though.

Could you afford the drop in salary :wink:;);)…

jammymutt:

Coffeeholic:
I qualified on the languages and education bit I would consider going for it, but sadly I don’t. I think it could be quite interesting though.

Could you afford the drop in salary :wink:;);)…

I’m getting older, my needs are less, I’m sure I could manage to make ends meet though. :wink: :smiley:

It could indeed be £55,000 Sterling but seeing as you need to be fluent in French and Spanish as well as higher education ie degree there are probably plenty of other jobs paying the same / more for that level of skill that don’t involve weeks away in a truck.

it sounds a bit snobbish to me.

but its only FURNITURE REMOVALS :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

mrpj:
It could indeed be £55,000 Sterling but seeing as you need to be fluent in French and Spanish as well as higher education ie degree there are probably plenty of other jobs paying the same / more for that level of skill that don’t involve weeks away in a truck.

Possible, but one of the few common jobs i could see for someone with those qualifications, would be a teacher. £24k only half that figure.