can they

when i got back yesterday they were checking a blown up tacho, it turns out when theyd gone to tip the trailer in the morning there was 15 tyres missing so they were checking the tacos of the drivers to see if there was any untoward stops on it, the two lads do a change over at services then trailer gets taken on to yard and then tiped in morning, my own opion is those tyres never went on but they recon cctv shows them being loaded, or the fact there not sealed and left in a shared yard overnight is when theyve been nicked[ they were in process of checking cctv at this yard.
to me the easy answer is to seal trailer and tip it when it gets there and not in morn, problem solved, but one of the other drivers reconds will have to drive depot to depot without stopping[ you can do it legally as all depots are within 4 hrs] but i cant see how they can make you do this as what happens if you want the toilet etc , you just never know sometimes i can do it other nights i need to stop so can they enforce this[ note, this is just lads talking at the moment], but could well happen
what a week :unamused:

ady1:
when i got back yesterday they were checking a blown up tacho, it turns out when theyd gone to tip the trailer in the morning there was 15 tyres missing

There are just so many opportunites to take the [zb] here at Ady’s expense that I can’t be arsed to concoct one or three. Come on lads, give it your best shot! Should be a giggle this one! :laughing:

Stick your own padlock on the trailer…pee in a bottle and crap in a carrier bag…job sorted :wink:

just reply to the question rob, im doing long shifts and im knackered, so you should do the decent thing and cut me some slack :unamused:

CM:
Stick your own padlock on the trailer…pee in a bottle and crap in a carrier bag…job sorted :wink:

but youd still have to stop cm or is it possible to do whilst driving :question:

ady1:
just reply to the question rob, im doing long shifts and im knackered, so you should do the decent thing and cut me some slack :unamused:

Awwwww diddums. Everyone be nice to Ady cos the young bairn has had an oh so long shift and is feeling an ikkle bit sleepy and getting narky. :laughing:

ady1:
when i got back yesterday they were checking a blown up tacho, it turns out when theyd gone to tip the trailer in the morning there was 15 tyres missing so they were checking the tacos of the drivers to see if there was any untoward stops on it, the two lads do a change over at services then trailer gets taken on to yard and then tiped in morning, my own opion is those tyres never went on but they recon cctv shows them being loaded, or the fact there not sealed and left in a shared yard overnight is when theyve been nicked[ they were in process of checking cctv at this yard.
to me the easy answer is to seal trailer and tip it when it gets there and not in morn, problem solved, but one of the other drivers reconds will have to drive depot to depot without stopping[ you can do it legally as all depots are within 4 hrs] but i cant see how they can make you do this as what happens if you want the toilet etc , you just never know sometimes i can do it other nights i need to stop so can they enforce this[ note, this is just lads talking at the moment], but could well happen
what a week :unamused:

No they can’t enforce you to drive four hours and not stop. It’s also easily possible to empty goods from a trailer and it not show as a stop on a tacho.

Ady, the company I work for insist you do not stop loaded or unloaded. I regularly drive from Brum to Carlisle, Maidstone, Newcastle, Swansea etc without a stop, i’ve learned not to drink too much before I leave but if I do get caught short I have to ring the control room and get a stop authorisatoin number which if it is not on the paperwork when you arrive late you’re up for a disciplinary. What a great company I work for… they’re not enforcing it as if I need to stop then I will stop it’s just a bit of common sense.

TFI

Currys run by DHL insist you must never stop en route to a depot, they give you a placard to hold up to any Police who might want to stop you and it says i will follow you to the local Police station but i will not stop due to high value goods.

I used to stop whenever i wanted as there absolutely ■■■■ all they can do to make a driver drive when he wants a coffee or a toilet break or anything like that if you want to stop you stop.

Tell them to use seals when loaded and between drops if they have a problem.

jammymutt:
I used to stop whenever i wanted as there absolutely [zb] all they can do to make a driver drive when he wants a coffee or a toilet break or anything like that if you want to stop you stop.

Like the parcel firms I’ve worked for though, they can write it into your contract as a gross misconduct item so if you don’t phone in, you can be disciplined for it and lose your job.

jammymutt:
Currys run by DHL insist you must never stop en route to a depot, they give you a placard to hold up to any Police who might want to stop you and it says i will follow you to the local Police station but i will not stop due to high value goods.

There is a TN member who has a great story about a driver using one of those signs. When they did indeed take him to the local plod shop, it turned out he was carrying very expensive glider engines and didn’t want to stop for a couple of dozen other reasons. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

wonder who that was :wink: :wink: