Can’t see a loved one

So 2 weeks ago the mother in law went into a nursing home for her final few months and the home went into lockdown the same day so my wife cannot now see her mum who she is very close to for the foreseeable future and the strain is beginning to show, talking on the phone to her is possible but the call needs to go through the home as her mum is blind and cannot use her own phone.
So anybody else in the same boat as my wife ? It’s absolutely tearing her apart and it’s the worse I’ve seen her in the 25 yrs of knowing being together.

This is just another example of why the cure will, in my humble, prove to be worse than the disease.

Not only are the final days of your MiL’s life currently a lonely time, not helped by her being a new resident, but your wife will never get over being forced to what she will feel is neglect her mother in the last months of her life.

My only suggestion is to remove your MiL from the place and bring her back to see out her final days with you.
When my father was terminal my mother insisted he come home literally to die in his own home, so i sorted out re-arranging down stairs at their house so he could have a bed and some privacy, fitted curtain track a la wagon style from the ceiling, later on i did the same when my mother then widowed was recovering from a heart attack, she came to live in my house again with half the main room curtained off, commode etc brought in.

This may not be possible in your circs but just a thought for you, your wife and mother are victims of the cure as it were at present, MiL might prefer to take the risk of a shorter life but with her loved ones.

Best wishes to them both, and yourself mate.

It’s just part and parcel of what needs to be done there is no other way around it
In some countries people are not even allowed at the funeral
If mother is well and she’s just there to see out her last year’s then she’s in the right place, it could be a lot worse

Just an update the Mother in law passed away Monday but they allowed the wife in to be with her for her final hour so that was good of them as some folks are dying alone and that would have destroyed the wife so she was very relieved about that.

Ah mate that’s terrible. My deepest sympathies bud.

Sorry to hear the lady has passed, but very glad your wife was allowed in at the end, give her our best.

Thanks for the kind words, the thought of not being there kept the wife awake at night so she was so relieved to be able to say goodbye but it really hits home at the moment with loved ones dying alone and the grief and stress it must cause to the ones left behind.

On our local tv tonight it was reported that a daughter listened to her mum die while on the phone(video?).The nurse assisted as best she could and played soft music in the background.I couldn’t handle that.I’m filling up just thinking about it.