Can someone ride with me in my truck?

Brother asked if he could come on a run tonight, I will ask the boss but just wanted to know if it’s something that anyone else has done before and if it’s something that I’m best not doing at all.

Yea I’ve took my mates with me all depends on your job and what you do with my job it’s a bit of a pain because the places we go to but should be fine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Many employers don’t allow it. They cite insurance - which is nonsense as far as the vehicle risk is concerned. But the employer calls the shots and doesn’t have to give a reason. If he’s ok with it, fine. If not, equally fine.

Whatever you do, don’t go against the decision.

Have a great shift, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

In my last job I asked my boss, explained my mate had recently come home from a brain op and was bored out of said brain. Since he’s a plumber he had most of the PPE anyway. My boss said yes. Always ask first, the worst thing that can happen is you get told no.

As has been said the only people qualified to answer your question is someone at your employer who has authority to grant permission if the company has a policy on passengers.

Even if there is no passenger policy if you do it and get found out (and yes some truck drivers or busy body will drop you in it just because they can) the worst case scenario is being sacked for having a non employee in a company vehicle.

The exact reason why I wouldn’t even give a lift to trade platers as our company has a no passengers other than authorised company persons.

Follow the advice to ask your boss, many companies, mostly the larger ones, will have a no passenger policy.
The other thing is a lot of delivery point will also have a no unauthorised people on site and that will include passengers unless they are employees of the haulage company.

Saying that my brother went for an interview with a small haulage company doing fridge and livestock work, he asked about the passenger policy, and was told the driver of the livestock truck used to take his children and now sometimes takes his grandchildren, in fact it was sometimes difficult to tell if there were more cattle in the trailer or children in the cab. :laughing: