Can someone explain

…why car drivers feel the need to overtake on a single carrageway when they’re about to turn off into a side road or drive?

Was following a Framptons artic up the A4 through Hungerford this morning, we were going at a reasonable speed but as usual every one wants to overtake, this Audi came up the outside and cut in front of the Framptons motor causing him to brake, then the brakes came on hard, why? because Mr Audi was pulling into his driveway! Now why didn’t he just wait behind and then turn off? How does causing an accident justify saving a few seconds? :unamused:

Had a fimilar thing on the 361 through Shepton Mallet, I’m struggling up the hill and guy behind is right on my rear bumper, keeps trying to overtake but oncoming traffic stops him, then we get to the top of the hill and he turns off, again why the need to get in front when your gonna be turning off in a few yards :unamused:

Easy to explain -
ME FIRST and disengage brain !!

It’s because they are ■■■■■■■ idiots, no other explanation needed!! :grimacing:

first of all he was =driving an audi :laughing: :laughing: happens all the time people overtake then want to turn off does my head in, i no its tempting to t bone them but they dont realise you have 40ton pushing you as well as the speed of you travelling, then they dont realise you have to pull over and hand ball all the load thats just splattered all over the back of the trailer, numptys are everywere

Because a lot don’t think/look further than the end of their bonnet!

‘I must get past this smelly lorry!!!’
‘thats better, oh, just realised I’m turning off here…oh well, I’m here 10 seconds quicker than if I had waited’
‘where is that air horn and smell of burning rubber coming from? Bloody lorry driver, wants to learn how to drive!!’

:imp:

Gotta pass the truck, gotta pass the truck,gotta pass the truck,gotta pass the truck,gotta pass the truck… Repeat till fade or the Bang whichever comes first.

I agree with Dusty, Audi Drivers the biggest tossers on the road. It is to make up for being so dull (the cars and Drivers).

Not only car drivers i had some prat in an artic do this on the Stocksbridge bypass last week

the same tossers do this to other car drivers to ok a car can stop quicker but it still winds me up lets face it theres people out there who shouldn’t be behind the wheel of anything

They also pull straight out in front of you only to jam their brakes on 50 yards down the road to turn off again with no signals. :imp:

The sooner we all get cameras on the trucks the better. Imagine the amount of dangerous driving offences that the police could prosecute - but would they ? Probably not. I also wonder if PC Nairn was cut up much in his police truck and if so what he done about it ?