Can I

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=61614

ROG:

3 wheeler:
You could even drive it on a C1 licence if it was under the weight limit !

Unlikely to find any unit under 7.5 tonnes GVW

some units are 7t

lizard:
the actual answer to your question is yes you can as long as the fifth wheel is sealed.
there is 2 ways to seal a fifth wheel.

1. is to use a trailer pin that you can push into the jaw of the fifth wheel (this is the hard way)
  2. push a piece of timber up to the jaw then wrap the fifth wheel up with a bin bag and tape it up.

:smiley: drivers myth :smiley:

andy187:

lizard:
the actual answer to your question is yes you can as long as the fifth wheel is sealed.

1. is to use a trailer pin that you can push into the jaw of the fifth wheel (this is the hard way)
  2. push a piece of timber up to the jaw then wrap the fifth wheel up with a bin bag and tape it up.

+1

There’s no need to disable the 5th wheel in any way whatsoever.

tachograph:

andy187:

lizard:

+1

There’s no need to disable the 5th wheel in any way whatsoever.

Lol, thats the sort of ZB you would hear in a tosco rdc’s waiting room (Other supermarkets are available)

Category C

Vehicles weighing over 3500kg. A trailer weighing up to 750kg can be attached.

Category CE

Vehicles weighing over 3500kg pulling a trailer weighing over 750kg.

How the ZB is a fifth wheel a trailer■■?

I don’t know all that much, but I do know that a class 2 driver can DEFINITELY drive a tractor unit legally. Nothing needs arsing about with or removing.

mickyblue:

ROG:

3 wheeler:

some units are 7t

I’ve seen a few daf lf day cab tractor units lately. Wouldn’t off thought they’d even weigh 7 tonne would they. They don’t look right pulling a trailer for sure.

phantom309:
i work at a dealers in the workshop now i always thought it was allowed as i and others drove the units on class 2 but VOSA and DVLA told one of our salesman he needs a class 1 to drive the units about as it has the (potential) of towing a trailer, cant see it myself as i passed my C2 in a rigid with drawbar coupling so same rule should apply surely… reckon they dont know there own rules, i aint to fussed either way now as i passed my class 1 but doesnt seem like anyone knows

One thing you should know, and trust me I’ve had a lot of experience of them, is that many VOSA men are as clueless as many drivers. Take nothing they say as gospel. Always if you have a serious query look at the original legislation.

lizard:

You’re forgetting that it’s also possible to mark an exclusion zone around the fifth wheel area with chalk. It MUST include the words “no trailer is allowed to stick its pin in my jaws while I only hold a class 2 licence” written within the boundaries of the chalk.

PaulNowak:
I don’t know all that much, but I do know that a class 2 driver can DEFINITELY drive a tractor unit legally. Nothing needs arsing about with or removing.

Ahh yes . . . ! But is it a TNUK traction unit?

PaulNowak:
a class 2 driver can DEFINITELY drive a tractor unit legally.

He could but he might get a nosebleed and altitude sickness from sitting up there, not to mention delusions of grandeur. Best not to on h&s grounds I think :smiley:

switchlogic:
One thing you should know, and trust me I’ve had a lot of experience of them, is that many VOSA men are as clueless as many drivers. Take nothing they say as gospel. Always if you have a serious query look at the original legislation.

When I worked on the recovery, I would often find myself as part of one of those multi-agency clamp downs that your gutter press is occasionally keen to tug your primitive emotions with.

I remember once casually glancing down at a VOSA mans laminated A4 instruction sheet which read . . .

Breathe in.

Breathe out.

Breathe in.

Breathe out.

et ad infinitum.

Chas:

I remember once casually glancing down at a VOSA mans laminated A4 instruction sheet which read . . .

Breathe in.

Breathe out.

Breathe in.

Breathe out.

et ad infinitum.

Bet he turned blue when he got to that bit :laughing: :laughing:

gardun:

Chas:

Breathe in.

Breathe out.

Breathe in.

Breathe out.

et ad infinitum.

Gotcha, you’ve just admitted that VOSA man can actually read :smiley:

Chas:

gardun:

Chas:

Breathe in.

Breathe out.

Breathe in.

Breathe out.

et ad infinitum.

Gotcha, you’ve just admitted that you believe VOSA man can actually read :smiley:

Chas:

Gotcha, you’ve just admitted that you believe VOSA man can actually read :smiley:

Sorry; I usually have the audiobook version :laughing:

:laughing:

someone put a poll up regarding the colour of ■■■ with only one possible answer (brown) and see how many people disagree with it :laughing:

Karl86:

mickyblue:

ROG:

3 wheeler:

some units are 7t

I’ve seen a few daf lf day cab tractor units lately. Wouldn’t off thought they’d even weigh 7 tonne would they. They don’t look right pulling a trailer for sure.

it’s the gross weight on the plate that matters, not what it actually weighs, wouldn’t have thought a tractor unit with a gross weight of 7.5t would be good for anything.

scanny77:
:lol:

someone put a poll up regarding the colour of ■■■ with only one possible answer (brown) and see how many people disagree with it :laughing:

On TNUK it would number in the 100’s.

P.S. I’m old enuff to remember white poodle ■■■, but haven’t seen any recently. Whatever happened to white dog ■■■?

Chas:

scanny77:
:lol:

On TNUK it would number in the 100’s.

P.S. I’m old enuff to remember white poodle ■■■, but haven’t seen any recently. Whatever happened to white dog ■■■?

Health an Safety banned dogs from chewing bones I believe. I kid you not. Remember when meat came from animals, and not minced brains and ■■■■■■■■?

You could kick a white ■■■ huge distances, at any random person, do that today, and you’d be hung for racism.