Can i use french carte conducteur to work in uK?

have recently passed my permis C hgv in France but I am waiting a retest on my permis CE which is march , can I work in the UK using my French digi tachygraph card (carte conducteur ) or will I have to apply for a UK one ?

Use your French license, tacho card and CPC. I am a UK national working in Poland and I use my UK License, UK tacho card and UK DCPC card without any problems. I’ve been checked in Slovakia, Austria, Poland and Sweden and never had a problem.

barrykam:
Use your French license, tacho card and CPC. I am a UK national working in Poland and I use my UK License, UK tacho card and UK DCPC card without any problems. I’ve been checked in Slovakia, Austria, Poland and Sweden and never had a problem.

Isn’t that the labour market backwards? What makes you want to work in Poland, if you don’t mind me asking?

Presumably this is possible because we are all part of the EU. so gonna be ducked once we’ve left.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

TommyTanker:

barrykam:

Isn’t that the labour market backwards? What makes you want to work in Poland, if you don’t mind me asking?

Not at all Tommy. My wife is Polish which is probably the main reason. As a class 1 driver over here the wage is very good in comparison to the average Polish wage and therefore I can live a fairly comfortable lifestyle.

IronEddie:
Presumably this is possible because we are all part of the EU. so gonna be ducked once we’ve left.

All because of the EU but once the UK is out either something would have been put in place so I (and you) can use a UK license to drive abroad or I will just exchange my license for a Polish one.

I knew a couple of English drivers that upped sticks and moved to Swiss, they were initially allowed to drive on their UK licence but had to apply for a Swiss one, I’d assume this would be the same or similar for non nationals of any EU state once we eventually leave the EU.

Grumpy Dad:
I knew a couple of English drivers that upped sticks and moved to Swiss, they were initially allowed to drive on their UK licence but had to apply for a Swiss one, I’d assume this would be the same or similar for non nationals of any EU state once we eventually leave the EU.

think you’ll find that’s the norm once your residing somewhere else something to do with the address on your licence

nick2008:

Grumpy Dad:

think you’ll find that’s the norm once your residing somewhere else something to do with the address on your licence

The ‘rules’ say you must reside in the UK (for a UK license holder) for more than 185 days per year. If asked I reside in the UK for more than 185 days per year!! :wink:

barrykam:

TommyTanker:

barrykam:

Not at all Tommy. My wife is Polish which is probably the main reason. As a class 1 driver over here the wage is very good in comparison to the average Polish wage and therefore I can live a fairly comfortable lifestyle.

IMO EE lasses are better in every way to british ones mate, there are a few exceptions, but not many :slight_smile:

TommyTanker:

barrykam:

TommyTanker:

barrykam:

IMO EE lasses are better in every way to british ones mate, there are a few exceptions, but not many :slight_smile:

How many of the approx 20,000,000 British females aged between 16 and 65 have you met?
And how many of the (including Russia) maybe 100,000,000 east Euro females have you met to form a comparison?
And of the East Euros you`ve met would it be possible that the ones you met were in this country and were therefore Anglophiles?

IronEddie:

Really depends on deals done, as our licence is already recognised in all other EU countries, there shouldn’t be any question that our test and training system matches that in the rest of the EU, but any agreement would have to be reciprocal and also depends on how much people of either side want to score political points as opposed to making a system that works for both sides.

barrykam:

TommyTanker:

barrykam:

Judging by the fact I failed to spend my 100 zolty’s from my brief trip there earlier in the year, despite filling my fridge at the last services before I went back into Germany, I should imagine you can live quite well on an above average wage.

And I’d be more than happy to live in Poland, if it was with the lovely Polish lass I spoke to on the boat last week. she’d forgotten where she’d parked her truck and I was more than happy to help her to find it, especially as it was parked next to mine, :laughing: must be an omen. :wink: :laughing: