Can I just say....

I stumbled upon this website whilst researching info on how to obtain an LGV Licence - and what a revelation. As a newbie (sadly, not in years) I have found the actual process not the simplest to get my head around but after reading dozens of threads on here and some excellent information (via email) from Tracey at PSTT I’m ready to take my first small steps.

I’ve got some leave due from my current work place (I’ve worked in offices for 35+ years) and I’m just in the process of booking my medical and eyesight test, and I’ve ordered my theory material from eBay so I can start studying. I live in Newcastle and I’m going to knock on some local hauliers doors next week to find out who (if any) are be prepared to give a potentially new driver a start (nearly all of the adverts I’ve seen ask for experience). Once I’ve got the theory tests out of the way and my provisional is in my hand then it will be a call to Tracey to book my Class 2.

Thank you for helping me make my mind up.

Kind regards,

Good luck mate. I too, have found this site very helpful although I’m an old driver who’s recently renewed my entitlement (+tacho and CPC) after a good few years working in I.T. My attitude is that I won’t overwhelm myself with all the rules etc. if you look at the whole process and the requirements in one go, it can look like a minefield, but take things one step at a time and be logical about it all: Like most things, It’s not rocket science.

Also, if possible, get talking to as many people you know about any possible openings regarding future employment - quite often a nod and a wink from the right person can make the difference between getting a job and failing, being older youself, you probably know that already though. I’m a firm believer in that quite often, it’s down to who you know. Best of luck.