Can i exchange EU Cpc and ADR in english?

Hi guys!Any idea if its possible to exchange EU cpc and ADR in english?Thank you.

Why exchange?
ADR is a bit a Problem as here not the same Number used as in Europe. They have Letters too. But its a International Certificate,same is CPC

I am sure Diesel Dave will be along soon to correct me if I am wrong but I believe your ADR is valid in the UK. The licence has exactly the same layout throughout Europe so it is easy to recognise. I don’t think you can actually ‘exchange’ the licence for a UK one.

You can however exchange your DCPC for a UK one. Contact the DVSA CPC helpline on 0191 201 8112. You will have to exchange your licence for a UK licence

Thanks guys.I only want to exchange the cpc and adr not the license.Ive got english license already.

didona8084:
Hi guys!Any idea if its possible to exchange EU cpc and ADR in english?Thank you.

Hi didona8084,

You’ve already had a great answer about the EU CPC from shep532, so I’ll just cover the ADR part of your question.

You do not need to exchange your ADR licence, because it is equally valid in all ADR member countries.

It’s a fairly recent thing, but there is now a ‘standard’ for all photocard ADR licences, regardless of which country issued them, so they all now look pretty much the same.

As for acceptability, ADR (paraphrased) says that all ADR member States must recognise an ADR card issued in any other ADR member State.

You will have a choice at renewal time though, because you can renew your ADR either here in the UK, or in your original country.

The idea its that guys.Ive lost my wallet with all my documents.Ive apply already for everything,but i dont know how to get them Cps and Adr.I spoke with those guys in my country and i need to be there to apply again,they want me in person so instead going there i thought its any easy one here.Thank you

No
I think FIRST you need the Physically before you can exchange them.
Just say i have one but its lost may not work. Well,…Not at the DVLA.

didona8084:
The idea its that guys.Ive lost my wallet with all my documents.

Hi didona8084,

If only you had said that at first… given that it’s now clear that you need to replace your ADR card, my advice would have been that you need to apply for a replacement from the original country that issued your ADR card.

Your OP asked about:

didona8084:
]Any idea if its possible to exchange EU cpc and ADR in english?

:bulb: It might be a question of language though, because the word “exchange” has a different meaning to the word “replace.”
You cannot normally exchange something that you don’t have.

ADR has no provision for driving a regulated load when the driver waiting for a replacement ADR licence, instead it simply says that the drivers ADR card must be carried on board the vehicle when carrying a regulated load.

I’m sorry to be the bearer of such unwelcome news. :frowning:

You right,my fault:) yes,replace.Well,things happent.

Immigrant:
No

Hi Immigrant,

DVLA no longer issues ADR licences.

DVLA used to issue the old style paper licence, but an ADR licence is now a photocard, so for approx. the last 3 years, the complete process of exam marking and ADR card issuing has been done much more efficiently under the one roof at SQA in Glasgow.

didona8084:
You right,my fault:) yes,replace.Well,things happent.

Hi didona8084,

I’m sorry mate, but I can’t see any alternative for you other than you going back to the country that issued your ADR card if you want it replaced.

:bulb: However, you DO have the option of taking an ADR course in this country, which might work out a bit cheaper for you if you hadn’t planned to travel back to your home country for a while.

Depending whereabouts you are in the UK, I might be able to suggest some ADR training providers in your area.

I appreciate that mate,but i prefere to see my familly in the same time:))when im gonna get them back i will exchange them.

Can I change my answer now?

For the CPC you’ll need to either go back home and get a new card - or do the CPC here again. :cry:

didona8084:
I appreciate that mate,but i prefere to see my familly in the same time:))when im gonna get them back i will exchange them.

Hi didona8084,

That’s good for you mate because it’ll be all the more enjoyable to see your family and get your cards dealt with at the same time.

shep532 had to change his answer too!! :laughing: :laughing:

At least it’s all sorted now. :smiley:

My fault:))but i appreciate that guys.Thanks alot.

dieseldave:

Immigrant:
No

Hi Immigrant,

DVLA no longer issues ADR licences.

DVLA used to issue the old style paper licence, but an ADR licence is now a photocard, so for approx. the last 3 years, the complete process of exam marking and ADR card issuing has been done much more efficiently under the one roof at SQA in Glasgow.

thanx