Can I drive this weekend

Sorry for the newb question but I wos wondering if someone can help me, I started work on friday 25th march (not driving) I finish this fri 1st of april, worked every day =59hrs I have been offered skip work this weekend (driving) Is this ok under current EU regs ? would I have to carry tacho’s for other day’s worked,thank’s in advance :slight_smile:

I am not the most proficient on here at this but I’ll have a go

The Declaration:
Sorry for the newb question but I wos wondering if someone can help me, I started work on friday 25th march (not driving) I finish this fri 1st of april, worked every day =59hrs I have been offered skip work this weekend (driving) Is this ok under current EU regs ?

The 59 hours is under the normal WTD which can be opted out of and not the mobile workers RT(WT)R so that should not be an issue

The EU regs WEEK is from Mon 0000 to Sun 2400 so this WEEK you have worked every day from mon to fri

This leaves you with one day to work at the weekend on the skip job as you must have at least 24 hours off for the EU regs weekly rest

The Declaration:
would I have to carry tacho’s for other day’s worked

Yes - one for each day with name, date, start & finish times
I did read somewhere that a diary of other work might be acceptable but it might be a myth

Could get shot down here (long time since I’ve been up the road) BUT I thought that you could only work a MAXIMUM of six days before taking a weekly rest? And that means NO paid work - driving or otherwise. :question:

The Sarge:
Could get shot down here (long time since I’ve been up the road) BUT I thought that you could only work a MAXIMUM of six days before taking a weekly rest? And that means NO paid work - driving or otherwise. :question:

I am not the most proficient on here at this but I’ll have a go
There would not be any records from the previous week as no EU regs driving was done so the only record would be from the week in question
Whether that is significant or not I don’t know…
Perhaps if stopped and asked about the previous week, it would be down to the driver as to what answer they gave :unamused:

Ok I’ll have a stab

Non driving work (other work) done between Friday 25th March and Friday 1st April - 59hours.

As you are asking to drive before Sunday 2400, any “other work” is counted in the Monday 0000 to Sunday 2400 period.

From GV262:
"Recording other work
Drivers must record all other work and periods of availability — including work for other employers —
on all driving and non-driving days within a week where they have undertaken driving that comes
within the scope of the EU rules on drivers’ hours since their last weekly rest.
For example, a driver who works in a warehouse on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday and wishes
to drive a vehicle within the scope of the EU rules on Thursday of the same week must complete
records for Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.
The record must be either:

• written manually on a chart;
  • written manually on a printout from a digital tachograph;
  • made by using the manual input facility of a digital tachograph; or
  • for days where a driver has been subject to the domestic drivers’ hours rules and a record
    is legally required (see page 25), recorded in a domestic log book.
    For the non-driving days, the record may simply show the driver’s name, the date, and the start
    and finish of the shift. These records must be carried on the vehicle by the driver to be produced to
    enforcement officers for the relevant period (see individual sections on how to make manual entries)."

So on a guestimate (need start and finish times really) between Monday 0000 and finishing work on Friday, you haven’t accrued a regular (45) or reduced (min 24) weekly rest period. Therefore, if you haven’t had a minimum 24 hours reduced weekly rest yet, you’ll have to take one. 24 hours after Friday finishing before you can do some in-scope work, which probably means starting late on Saturday at the earliest, if not Sunday. Working both Sat and Sunday isn’t a goer.

(I’ve probably got the technicalities wrong :blush: , but the jist right :laughing: )

My mistake, I read it as first day non-driving, then driving the rest of the week - my bad, and I’ll leave you in peace :blush:

The Declaration:
Sorry for the newb question but I wos wondering if someone can help me, I started work on friday 25th march (not driving) I finish this fri 1st of april, worked every day =59hrs I have been offered skip work this weekend (driving) Is this ok under current EU regs ? would I have to carry tacho’s for other day’s worked,thank’s in advance :slight_smile:

Assuming that you mean both Saturday and Sunday then I’m afraid it would be illegal as you won’t have had a weekly rest this week, and in any week that you drive under EU regulations you’re required to comply with the weekly rest requirements.

That’s the answer if you want to comply with the regulations :wink:

Does the 144 hour rule still apply?

Cheers for the feedback guys, I finished work today at 13.00 and dont start untill sun. 07.00 so 42hrs rest before driving so it’s all good, me thinks I better study Drivers Hours & Tachograph Regulations again :unamused: as I said before thank you to all :smiley:

Out of curiosity what’s to stop someone saying they only work part time in their normal work whilst driving on the side? Do the powers that be have the power or inclination to check up?

AF1:
Out of curiosity what’s to stop someone saying they only work part time in their normal work whilst driving on the side? Do the powers that be have the power or inclination to check up?

They have the power to check - perhaps with the tax office or by visiting your other workplace and getting timesheets etc

If self employed then that could be more difficult especially if not subcontracting

A self employed ADI who owns 1 vehicle and has their own school would be hard to check upon for example