Can I drive a car with a trailer?

Passed C+E, got C1+E, D/D1+E, but B+E. Should I understand, that I could drive a biggest lorry, but cannot tow a caravan attached to my old veccy■■? Will my C+E cover my car with trailer? Funny enough, have everything on my licence but BE and have provisional for A and BE:))

Andy

Sounds like DVLA have cocked up again.

CE will upgrade B (and D) to higher + E categories by default.

Send licence back with a cover letter and request a manager manually checks your licence before returning it. I had to do this to upgrade my D licence correctly after previously passing a CE.

Sometimes I really do believe DVLA employ monkeys.

If you have CE then you do have BE but if not shown on licence then contact DVLA to have it put right

You can legally drive BE now because its just a clerical error

BE will remain on your licence as long as B remains valid

If you have passed CE and D then you should have showing on your licence … B BE C1 C1E C CE D1 D1E D DE - all manual

Cat B 19/01/1996
Cat D 06/12/2006
Cat C 11/04/2013
Mod 4 LGV 30/04/2013
Cat CE 15/05/2013

If I remember correctly you are not from UK so did not get the free pre 1997 categories when you exchanged your previous EU country licence for a UK one
This should not prevent DVLA from putting the BE on it

I’ve just called DVLA…
Because I’ve passed my cat. B in Poland, they could not upgrade it to BE■■?
And CE should overwrite my B in terms of towing a trailer. It would in UK. What if I have to go to France, Germany■■?
You would need to ask the authorities before entering a country… I’ve never heard that in my life… Can you imagine my car with caravan, and kids and whatever else going for holiday, being stopped by French police and getting into serious trouble for driving vehicle without a licence■■?
Finally was told to send my licence back with letter, and they will check what they can do…

The rules are different for trailer entitlements. If you get the trailer entitlement for a larger vehicle you won’t get the trailer entitlement for the smaller vehicles you’d normally get through upgrading.

As a guideline:
lorry entitlements can upgrade bus entitlements
bus entitlements can’t upgrade lorry entitlements
both lorry and bus entitlements can upgrade car entitlements

The table shows the original vehicle categories held, the higher vehicle category that’s been passed and the vehicle categories that will be upgraded automatically.Full category held New test passed Upgrading
B, C1 C1+E B+E
B, D1 D1+E B+E
B, C1, D1 C1+E B+E, D1+E
B, C1, D1 D1+E B+E
B, C1, D1 C+E B+E, C1+E
B, C1, C, D1, D D+E B+E, D1+E
B, C1, C, D1, D C+E B+E, C1+E, D1+E, D+E

Tried to put a chart from dvla website, but wasn’t successful, anyway I will send my licence back as soon as I’ll get new job. Cannot currently afford to wait any longer to change my job

gov.uk/adding-higher-catego … ng-licence
Is it me or does the info on that say two different things ?

It says it will upgrade B to BE then says it wont upgrade to trailer which is BE !!!

OH, I now remember contacting them on the chart for the upgrade and they admitted they left out a few such as CE should upgrade D1 to D1+E