Can I do this with my licence?

Hello, I have a full car driving licence from when I passed my driving test in 1987. This has obviously given me some Grandfather rights.

I have sent off my licence, done the medical and I am currently waiting for my licence to be returned with the provisional entitlement for a HGV.
At this stage what, if any of the other stages can I do. For example I see from a few posts that I could possibly do my CPC 4 now, also apply for my digi card.

Is anybody able to give the Old ■■■■ a bit of a what I can do NOW and what I cannot do NOW. Much obliged.

Forget doing mod 2 + 4 driver cpc tests - you do not need to do them and it is a pain to try and book them when you have LGV C1 on licence
You can do the 35 hours driver cpc now
A digicard can be obtained with just a car licence

I am in the same situation as you. I did my 35 hours of CPC training a couple of weeks ago online over 5 days for £250 inclusive of all fees. So I have now got my CPC card and tacho card. I’m applying for 7.5t jobs to get some experience while I sort out passing my C or CE test. Hopefully it will make it easier to get a job driving class 2

1van:
I am in the same situation as you. I did my 35 hours of CPC training a couple of weeks ago online over 5 days for £250 inclusive of all fees. So I have now got my CPC card and tacho card. I’m applying for 7.5t jobs to get some experience while I sort out passing my C or CE test. Hopefully it will make it easier to get a job driving class 2

Thanks for that, where did you go for your online course?

I did it with a company called easycpc.com. I don’t know how they compare with other companies as to the quality of the lessons.
The main reason I went with them was I could get on a course quickly and the price was competitive.
The guy who ran it likes a long winded anecdote, but I learnt quite a bit and it reinforced other stuff I had revised for my theory test.
They log your details with the relevant organisation at the end of the course and you get your driver CPC card sent to you within a week.

The important thing is I can now start driving 7.5t and get some experience before moving on to the big boys trucks.
I have been offered a job driving 7.5t starting in a couple of weeks. Woohoo :smiley: