Can I correct a manual entry performed this morning?

Stupidly put that ive been on ‘other work’ all weekend. I only wanted to put other work for previous hour.

Tacho has already thrown up a take a break msg earlier than expected.

make 2 printout and do it on the back manuelly. write what and why,give a copy to company and keep one yourself for 28 day

As said do the printouts and write explanations on both.

Then go and see the person responsible for doing the head unit downloads or TM or whoever where you work and explain whats happened when you hand in their print out, they might be able to put a note on the system explaining the obvious so when your next download is analysed you don’t pick up an infringement.

Don’t worry about it, easily done, i did exactly the same a few weeks ago…if you get a tug so long as your normal work is all spot on and this isn’t a weekly thing you won’t have a problem, especially if you have that printout with you.

You cannot alter a record that’s already been written to the tachograph or driver card, as has been said do a couple of printouts and write an explanation on them, hand one in when your card is downloaded and keep the other with you in case you get stopped.

Also as has been said it’s nothing to worry about, just cover yourself with the printouts and carry on.

If you are using a siemens 1.4 digitacho you can select no to confirm entry and then review what manual entry you have entered prior to confirming the entry this has helped me on many a Monday morning.

Cheers for replies. Will do the printouts.

New job tramping on class 2 and paid off the tacho. Need to brush up on using tacho properly.

SuperMultiBlue:

New job tramping on class 2 and paid off the tacho. Need to brush up on using tacho properly.

If you’re paid off the tacho then you should be paid for all weekend then !! :smiley:

bald bloke:

SuperMultiBlue:

If you’re paid off the tacho then you should be paid for all weekend then !! :smiley:

I wish! :laughing:

Hank Hill:
If you are using a siemens 1.4 digitacho you can select no to confirm entry and then review what manual entry you have entered prior to confirming the entry this has helped me on many a Monday morning.

Yes but once it’s been confirmed it is what it says on the tin… confirmed.

Worst case scenerio; you’re employer thinks you’re trying to fiddle them out of a weekend’s pay and you get sacked on the spot because you’ve been there less than 24 months. You resort to agency work but while limping about one night you get pulled by the DVSA and they do you for falsifying records. You get 5 years but only serve 2. In that time your wife moves in with your best mate, gets pregnant and your own children start calling him daddy.

Costly mistake.

Contraflow:

Hank Hill:

Yes but once it’s been confirmed it is what it says on the tin… confirmed.

Worst case scenerio; you’re employer thinks you’re trying to fiddle them out of a weekend’s pay and you get sacked on the spot because you’ve been there less than 24 months. You resort to agency work but while limping about one night you get pulled by the DVSA and they do you for falsifying records. You get 5 years but only serve 2. In that time your wife moves in with your best mate, gets pregnant and your own children start calling him daddy.

Costly mistake.

Stop winding him up son. Dinners on the table and after your moms taking you to see uncle frank :wink:

To the OP .

If and when you make a bo bo or exceed any of the hour or wtd regulations, do 2 printouts at the time or as soon as practically possible as this will also help show that you have realised your mistake or need to divert from the regulations ( ie exceeded driving period due to ! ) .

Like others have said do two printouts and write an explanation along with a signature. I am sure the employer can edit your information via tacho-master but not 100% :stuck_out_tongue:

Glad Dipper Dave isn’t around to answer this query.

Made the same mistake myself last week, realised just as I OK’d to confirm the manual entry, ■■■■, too late.
I did the printouts and will wait till I get called in which I invariably will, they don’t hang you these days do they?