Can i book my theory test?

Hi, i sent off my licence to the DVLA to get the class 2 provisional added, a few weeks later i recieved a letter telling me that bacause of a drink drive conviction in 2007 i would have to see the traffic commisioner for the south east to see if they would grant me the entitlement. I am glad to say that i had that meeting last week and the commisioner has granted me the provisional :smiley: I am now waiting for my licence to come back from the DVLA but feel i am ready to take my theory test now. Can i take it now or do i have to wait to get my licence back in the post, i’m not sure if you have to produce it before taking the test, any help would be great.

You need a provisional to book the test so you could probably book now but you need to produce it as well so I’d wait for it to be returned.

ok thanks mate, i’ll be on the phone to the DVLA first thing then !

You need the appropriate provisional category on your license before you are allowed to book.

Out of interest, how did you find the meeting with the TC? What sort of things did he ask you, did he come across as sympathetic, etc?

The Traffic commisioner was, hmmmm how can i describe him :confused: Imagine your old school headmaster, wel thats him ! lol Very prim & proper old bloke who did make you feel a tad uneasy when you walked in, after all he has quite a lot of power ! but he was very sympathetic and asked me the circumstances of my drink drive conviction, i explained to him that i was at a low point in my life and living in shared accomodation with some not very nice people which didnt help and he could see how far i had come in the last 5 years, i’m now married with 3 kids !! One thing i would suggest to anyone who comes in front of him in the future is to dust off the old suit and put it on (with a tie) as he commented on the way i had presented myself too. On the whole a nice bloke, well he did grant me my provisional !!