Can anyone please explain

Retro rob:
That why oh why on days like today with heavy rain, spray from trucks and trailers that there are still people that drive with no lights on? I’ve come down M6 from Junc19 around the diversion at Junc 2 and onto the A14 and must be 1out of every 5 vehicles using the overtaking lanes DID NOT have lights on, these people need seriously educating that lights are there to see and BE SEEN!

Rant over.

Rob

LAZINESS

For exactly the same reason that drivers many drivers of all types of vehicles , including lorry drivers, no longer indicate before an exit at a roundabout, come out of a foggy patch on a road and don’t turn off the rear fog light, can’t be bothered to back off a bit to let someone in, the list goes on

Retro rob:

ROG:

Retro rob:
That why oh why on days like today with heavy rain, spray from trucks and trailers that there are still people that drive with no lights on? I’ve come down M6 from Junc19 around the diversion at Junc 2 and onto the A14 and must be 1out of every 5 vehicles using the overtaking lanes DID NOT have lights on, these people need seriously educating that lights are there to see and BE SEEN!

Rant over.

Rob

Learners never get shown a picture of what can and cannot be seen in a wet lorry mirror when on a spray filled road = easy to remedy by putting such in the HC

This pic was taken whilst stationary on M6 a few weeks ago to try and show what can and can’t be seen! And there was no spray as we were stationary!
Keep saying we were stationary before I get hammered for taking pics whilst driving lol!

Tut Tut, taking pics while your driving, oh hang on, did you say you were stationary? :smiley: :smiley:

No not realy unless they got a death wish.

I must say in the lawless society that is South Africa, it is actually law that Motorcycles must have headlights on at all times and I tell you what, it does not half make a difference, you see them from miles away. When over in the Uk last I could not believe the amount of motor bikes fying around with no lights on and you just don’t see them properly half the time.
Mind you over here they also seem to think that Rear and front fog lamps must be used as soon as dusk appears… fg planks.

dri-diddly-iver:

chaversdad:
I dont ever recall driving in any type of rain and thinking " [zb] me, i nearly didnt see him there because he only had his sidelights on"
My sidelights go on when it gets a bit rainy/misty/dusk/dawn, my headlights go on when i need to see where i,m going,
If you cant see a truck coming past you in the middle of the day when its raining without him having his headlights on then you want to be paying specsavers a visit

Well if that’s the mentality :unamused: :unamused: words fail me :unamused: Sidelights are a waste of time unless parked. I have many a time had to hold back before pulling out cus some arse has only got there sidelights on (not sure you see…distant or close) - car and truck (with spray from my own truck) :unamused: headlights are sometimes to be seen…not just see where you’re going :open_mouth:

Spot on.

I don’t understand this complex people seem to have with having lights on ‘unnecessarily’. If you drove around on a sunny day with your headlights on it might be a bit daft, but what harm has come of it? Absolutely none.

Front sidelights on most cars & wagons are unfit for purpose as a means of making sure you are seen in spray etc. The front sidelights on Scania’s in particular are hopeless, you may as well have two candles taped to your bumper.

When in motion, headlights or no lights. Preach!

After getting past the chaos that was J1 on the M6 yesterday,back on the M6 n/b and the spray was terrible,but that was no deterrent to the “One eyed” drivers,but even worse are the drivers with one headlamp and one spot lamp on,sometimes both on one side!
Despit everyone driving too fast in the conditions yesterday,it did not deter one biker doing well in excess of 70 weaving between cars in lanes 2 and 3.
When it warns on the overhead matrix,“Think bike”,I am more inclined to think,“Organ donor”!

It without a shadow of a doubt bacame the law the the UK to have headlamps on in the rain sometime in the mid 80’s, I remember it distictly, trouble is that nobody seems to enforce that law and my son and daughter had no idea that law existed when I told them ?
It is exactly the same law here and you can bet your life that if I was to drive without them on in the rain I would get stopped, thats sod’s law.
Same as ‘NO TRUCKS OR TRAILERS IN FAR LEFT LANE’ (or right in the UK). I often drive up I-95 in CT or NJ and see truck’s (usually containers or dump trucks) overtake at not only about 20 mph over the limit but also in the very lane that trucks are banned from and sometimes a cop is a few places behind them and does nothing.

Sidelights are useless and should only be used when parked. If you need to be seen then on with the headers. Just my opinion of course.

Can someone explain to me why in this weather lorries still drive up each others arses…

Can someone explain to me why in any weather lorries still drive up each other’s arses?

Retro rob:

Rant over.

Rob

Did you text smooth radio as another driver texted in moaning about the same thing :smiley: :smiley:

It get’s on my ■■■■ when they do that. 4:30 this morning on the M11 south heading for London a ■■■ in a 4x4 didn’t have lights on. Everyone was flashing him and he still didn’t get the message

Can someone please explain WHY people put pointless posts :smiling_imp:

mickyblue:

Retro rob:

Rant over.

Rob

Did you text smooth radio as another driver texted in moaning about the same thing :smiley: :smiley:

It get’s on my ■■■■ when they do that. 4:30 this morning on the M11 south heading for London a ■■■ in a 4x4 didn’t have lights on. Everyone was flashing him and he still didn’t get the message

No I didn’t, don’t tend to listen to local radio to be honest as the adverts do my [zb’s] in! Lol and I also can’t answer why truckers tailgate each other either, I honestly cannot see the point of that, especially as I was hit from behind on A1 about 18months ago and that hurt!
Nice physio and whiplash claim tho lol!

dri-diddly-iver:

Can you explain to me why you had just posted a pointless post?

Wipers on, Lights on. Simple’s…

mickyblue:

dri-diddly-iver:

Can you explain to me why you had just posted a pointless post?

Ditto :unamused:

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Silver_Surfer:
Sidelights are useless and should only be used when parked. If you need to be seen then on with the headers. Just my opinion of course.

Agreed, hence I like driving the Volvo (car). Engine on, lights on. If every one did that we wouldn’t have this problem!

Contraflow:
Can someone explain to me why in any weather lorries still drive up each other’s arses?

I can recal driving with a guy who did a lot of rally sports once and he sat right on my bumper, when I asked him why he drove like that at high speed he actually gave me a logical answer !
“If I am following you at high speed and am two or three vehicle lengths behind you and you do a sudden stop and I hit you the damage would be immense, if I am just 6 inches behind you when you suddenly brake I will touch your vehicle in a split second and your braking will just stop me too without damage”
Although a crazy and ilegal way to drive, when you think about it he was right :laughing:

Thetaff2:
Won’t say his nationalality but he was one of the kind that worships cows!!

He must be British lol
I’ve been know to worship a few cows myself, usually when they’re dancing round their handbags late on a Friday night, especially after a few beers and my judgement is doubious