Can anyone help,please?

Could anyone give me directions to Sainsburys RDC,Charlton please.Any info would be greatly appreciated.Thanks

I didn’t realise it was still going. :laughing:

Give me chance to look it up.

It’s a long time since I’ve been but it’s HERE.

From North or Westbound on the A102(M), take the slip road off and you then come to a strange junction affair. Basically you turn right through a narrow slip road with traffic lights. You are then on a dual carriaageway with a new(ish) roundabout to retail outlets. Straight on to the next roundabout, turn right onto aanother dual carriageway, and the RDC is up a narrow road on your left.

Quite easy to spot.

Krankee:
It’s a long time since I’ve been but it’s HERE.

From North or Westbound on the A192(M), take the slip road off and you then come to a strange junction affair. Basically you turn right through a narrow slip road with traffic lights. You are then on a dual carriaageway with a new(ish) roundabout to retail outlets. Straight on to the next roundabout, turn right onto aanother dual carriageway, and the RDC is up a narrow road on your left.

Quite easy to spot.

hows that for service.

spot on. :wink:

ohterry:
hows that for service.

Rubbish. I mis-typed the road number.

Ah well, another one for Maps to RDC’s list.

When you get in the yard you park on the right and take yor notes up the ramp to the goods in office. What used to happen then was they would tell a driver that was pulling off the bay to give a shout to the next truck they wanted up and on which bay.
Hope your reversing is good you will see what i mean when you get there.

I don’t remember any problems with reversing. :open_mouth:

What was the name of the other one in South London? Is that still going?

All I can remember is that you turned left opposite a sign for the Underground and drove between two massive warehouses. Leaving, it was a one-way system and you came out onto another road.

And the bays areas were built sub-ground, and if you weren’t straight as the trailer dropped, you stood a good chance of losing mudguards off the unit.

i know the bays youre on about disgo! if you cop for the furthest from the ramp, its all the way up the ramp and between a trailer and the wall! its fun really! :laughing: you can blind side it into the first 2 by driving up the ramp i reckon, but ive allways reversed all the way up.

Thanks for that,guys. Sounds like a nice place :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Krankee:
I don’t remember any problems with reversing. :open_mouth:

What was the name of the other one in South London? Is that still going?

All I can remember is that you turned left opposite a sign for the Underground and drove between two massive warehouses. Leaving, it was a one-way system and you came out onto another road.

And the bays areas were built sub-ground, and if you weren’t straight as the trailer dropped, you stood a good chance of losing mudguards off the unit.

LOLOLOL Thats the old Hackbridge depot, Kranks… seen many a door ripped off there cos the driver didn’t come out straight!!
Remember those huge columns between the bays and how scarred they were pmsl

Hackbridge.

Is it still operating?

Long time since i heard those 2 names, still enough to make me smile, i loved them both (but for the job we got after tipping there, not the RDC itself :cry: )

Used to do Charlton nearly every sunday night, then (in the season) run down to Dover for 1100 bags of hand ball egyptian spuds … ah the good old days - KEEP THEM !

Charlton is ok, blind side reverse inside a building but OK really 9not too tight)

Hackbridge is ok unless you get either of the 2 bays on the right as you look at them (IIRC) Deep hole, tight turn & tag axle units didn’t make it easy :smiling_imp:

Hackbridge closed a couple of years ago… thank god!!