Can anyone help? need answers urgently!

(This is posted in another forum but it was suggested I bring it here)

Hi Everyone

I’m trying to get some answers on this issue. I have written to the DVLA but while waiting for their reply, I was wondering what you guys might think.

On the issue of someone having suffered a heart attack…have you ever heard of anyone who couldn’t pass the exercise test (to get relicensed) but was allowed to drive on the basis of other tests? (like an echocardiogram)

Happy to talk to anyone privately, I just don’t want to put all the details on a public forum. Feel free to ask anything though, but I’m really wondering if anyone knows whether this happens?

Thanks, I appreciate your time

I’m guessing your fathers been ill by your user name and the topic if this is the case I hope all ends well. As far as your questions go I have no experiences of it so can’t help only to say from what I’ve read I don’t think it’s the passing the fitness test or keeping the licence with successful tests you may already have passed but more the time it takes for the dvla to get there arses in gear to arrange these things and give you their verdict. I’ve heard of similar cases and people have waited months or even years to get the tests done and have there licence back, maybe if your licence is your only source of income a temp job may be worth thinking about sooner rather than later. All the best.

Depends when they suffered there heart attack & how sever it was tbh

As when my dad had his last 1 they took all but his car licence from him ( although his heart did stop for 8.5 min ) I know he couldnt drive for 3 mth after his heart attack

Not heard of anyone being able to drive there HGV before the treadmill test mind

There is another thread on here about this sort of thing

Driver’s Daughter:
(This is posted in another forum but it was suggested I bring it here)

Hi Everyone

I’m trying to get some answers on this issue. I have written to the DVLA but while waiting for their reply, I was wondering what you guys might think.

On the issue of someone having suffered a heart attack…have you ever heard of anyone who couldn’t pass the exercise test (to get relicensed) but was allowed to drive on the basis of other tests? (like an echocardiogram)

Happy to talk to anyone privately, I just don’t want to put all the details on a public forum. Feel free to ask anything though, but I’m really wondering if anyone knows whether this happens?

Thanks, I appreciate your time

When I complained to the DVLA about the treadmill test they sent me for a test which involved them injecting a drug into me that raised the heart pace as if I was on the treadmill test but wuss relaxed on the bed.
I’ve done three treadmill tests in the passed but I don’t run for no bugger (unless the old bill are after me) that’s why I was sent for the injection.

If you have a hart attack you don’t lose your licence you can drive on your doctors say so normally after six weeks it is then up to the DVLA to arrange a test up till that point you can drive ok.
The DVLA will Evan give you a letter to show your boss that you can drive. I know this because I had a triple hart bypass in June 2012 went back to work in October 2012 and didn’t take a tread mill test till may 2013(passed)
If you cannot pass the tread mill test the DVLA will remove you hgv from you and you can retake the test at latter date on appeal
Hope this helps