Can any one help me

i have worked for the same company for 16 years. last month my boss came up with the bright idea that he is going to make the drivers pay for there ADR. He says he is going to take 2 days holiday off us each yaer. We dont get any extra wages for carring ADR, and its not a must have for my job. But the way i see it ,its for his profit not mine.
IS THIS LEGAL please help .Now after a conversation with my boss we have come to an agreement that we both agree on and i apologise to him for the missunderstanding

tell him too keep his adr and you’ll keep your holidays

oorwillie01:
i have worked for the same company for 16 years. last month my boss came up with the bright idea that he is going to make the drivers pay for there ADR. He says he is going to take 2 days holiday off us each yaer. We dont get any extra wages for carring ADR, and its not a must have for my job. But the way i see it ,its for his profit not mine.
IS THIS LEGAL please help

As far as I can work it out, it’s absolutely illegal to carry on in this manner. Trouble is, now that good work is thin on the ground (when isn’t it?), some of them decide to take the living ■■■■ out of their employees. If the difficult persists, then a visit to your local CAB, or union should clear things up.

I’m not an expert but I’d be surprised if he can do that.

First stop is check your contract, if you have one. If you don’t ask for a copy ( in writing )

he cant deduct money from your wages without your consent and he cant reduce your holiday entitlement below the minimum annual leave set by government. if either is being proposed i would be seeking legal advice

Employers can do pretty much as they like in these difficult times, if you dont want to pay for your ADR there’s plenty that will.

Tiger.

Anker. He could maybe just maybe get away with paying for the course but expecting you to do it on a rest day unpaid, maybe.

if he was paying for it, then sacrificing a couple of days holiday would seem like a good trade.

Fastrantiger:
Employers can do pretty much as they like in these difficult times, if you dont want to pay for your ADR there’s plenty that will.

Tiger.

Take 2 Day off for a Fishing Trip and say when back you failed your ADR Test. :bulb:
If you are sure you dont need it,otherwise you could lose your Job,which were not good

oorwillie01:

Ok I could be wrong but if you already have your ADR all you need to do is go though a refresher course and pass the exam again which I believe is a day and a halfs course (I’m sure Diesel Dave will be along to put me right :wink: )

If thats the case I would pay for it myself and then claim the money back through the tax man and your good for another 5 years. That’s better than losing 2 days holiday a year.

I also think that your employer has a duty of care in your case as you are still doing the job that you have always done?

Fastrantiger:

Tiger.

Very true, but it dont make it right though.
His boss is taking the ■■■■!
Im in the RMT union, they’d just laugh their ■■■■■■■■ off if my employer tried that stunt and come down on them like a ton of breeze blocks.

oorwillie01:

just ring in sick for 2 days,money lost-i can think of few ways to get 2 days pay back,im sure you can

If ADR isn’t required for your job, and you don’t want it, then don’t do it.

But, if it’s required, or you might want it to shop around for another job, you’ve a few options, do it and pay for it yourself as suggested, or do what the company asks for.

Do you get more than the 28 days minimum hols? If not, they can’t give you any less, and it’s illegal to pay them out too, you MUST HAVE 28 hols per year or you’ll kill the children etc same as if you go 1 min over 15hrs, you become an instant danger to all

limeyphil:
if he was paying for it, then sacrificing a couple of days holiday would seem like a good trade.

I did my lgv course whilst on leave with the firm paying for it. If I’d hung on for during work and paid for, it would have been put back 2 years. At the time, guys who’d already failed 3 times were routinely being put in again, and I was being routinely refused for a first attempt because I’d only got 2 years since passing my car test in 1988. I jumped at the chance, and wasn’t going to give anyone the excuse that “I’d turned it down” waiting for some kind of utopian scenario (which other drivers got as standard). It was the right decision though, as I’ve never looked back since then, and saw my wages rise every year for a decade before falling every year for a decade once I hit 2000. New years eve 1999 was the highest paid day’s work I’d ever done, so that wasn’t just a made up round number representing the zenith of my trucking career - it just turned out that way. :neutral_face:

You work for aw jenkinson don’t you :wink:

oorwillie01:

ffs just answer his friggin question… NO IT AINT LEGAL answered.full stop

so if it isn’t legal, then can they force you to take part in the great DCPC experiment?

phil, the poster asked, can his boss take two days holiday off him to pay for his adr.
the answer is no.
can his boss make him pay for adr, yes he can.
if the poster does any sort of course, then he must be paid for it.

end of,

as far as the dcpc is concerned then yes he has to do it. but in work time not in his time.
anyone that does it in their own time are pillox. end of.

:unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: wind up alert

greggy:
anyone that does it in their own time are pillox. end of.

anyone who does the DCPC at any time are pillox.