Camping.

Anyone here go camping? I do regularly, did three weeks in South Africa last year then when I got back decided to take the kids out for the night, they loved it so we’re off again next week. Most people think I’m mad but I much prefer it to a hotel.

I wouldn’t say you’re mad for preffering camping to being in a hotel. I certainly enjoy it more, not having too be back at a certain hour, not having to be in bed for such and such. Plus you generally get a nicer view anyway if it’s a nice night which luckily for me usually is the right time!!! In all honesty I’ve had better nights sleep in a tent than I have in a hotel, and at least I didn’t get food poisoning for eating dodgy tasting grub :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

My eighteenth next month I’m having a ‘camp out’ in the back garden, I know it’s not exactly a forest :laughing: :laughing: But in my opinion it beats going out on the town wasting my money when I can sit at home, having a bbq, with my mates and family and it’s cheaper as well considering.

But yes I do go camping, and as you say I prefer it to a hotel myself :grimacing: :grimacing:

Cheers

Jonny :sunglasses:

Hi Harry, as you are well aware it’s a bit different sleeping under a clear Southern African sky staring up at The Southern Cross with it’s millions of stars and seeing a number of shooting stars before you drop off to sleep. Mind you, with the right group of people you can also have some great times camped in a field in The Yorkshire Dales at the back of a remote pub near Ingleton. :smiley:

Regards Steve.

P.S. no daubt the Gay Brigade will have some input into this thread. :cry:

Are you talking about camping on a camp site or wild camping?

I dipped my toes in to wild camping last year. Nothing beats being away from all human noise and civilisation (only thing you can’t escape is the occasional plane flying over). Settling down with a few beers against a multicoloured sunset or waking up and cooking bacon and a brew against a blood red sunrise is a tonic for the soul.

Hoping to go farther afield and stay away for longer this year. I’ve been pretty much everywhere in the UK whilst driving, but I have only seen it from the road. I look at wild camping as exploring the unseen UK, but I have to admit I don’t class it as a holiday. If I want a booze and beaches holiday I would take a hotel over camping every time :laughing:

Absoloutely love it.
Done it every week of the summer when I was younger :grimacing:
Loved having a bacon roll and cup of tea with bits of grass and mud in it :laughing:
Loved having to go hunting for wood for the fire while drunk as ■■■■ :laughing:
And loved the classic of sticking a tin of beans on the fire and running like ■■■■ :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Pro-tip … the night before going camping you should watch ‘Deliverance’, ‘The Blair Witch Project’, ‘The Shining’, and any american teen movie where they all get chopped up with a chain saw. Get’s the adrenaline pumping :laughing:

Squiddy:
Pro-tip … the night before going camping you should watch ‘Deliverance’, ‘The Blair Witch Project’, ‘The Shining’, and any american teen movie where they all get chopped up with a chain saw. Get’s the adrenaline pumping :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing:

the first time i took my family camping, it ■■■■■■ it down the whole time! we still had a great time and thought ‘if we can cope with this, we can cope with anything’. we’ve now upgraded our tent and bought a couple of extensions for it. we go away for long weekends throughout the year and normally have a full week when funds allow.