Cameras in cabs

are firms allowed to put them in your cab,isnt it a invasion of your privacy,one forward facing maybe,but it there any real need for four :unamused:

If your doing nights out then yes it could be an invasion of privacy

Or are you going to be in the next sobart series

ady1:
are firms allowed to put them in your cab,isnt it a invasion of your privacy,one forward facing maybe,but it there any real need for four :unamused:

Your lot usually put a film crew in as well dont they though, now that is an invasion of privacy!

They’d see some funny things if they put one in mine :laughing:

I regulary talk or sing to myself, i’d be locked up in the nut house after a week

alix776:
If your doing nights out then yes it could be an invasion of privacy

Or are you going to be in the next sobart series

ive put name on list,not sure if next series or not.plus you have to do some sreen test first,not sure i fancy that,when we did our school pantomime our mum said i roared my eyes out and ran out school hall with here in hot pursuit :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: , i like the idea of showing folks how jobs done but i dont fancy being filmed

A lot of insurance companies insist on them. We had them when working for Comet. They were supposed to record accidents. But our bosses used to use them against us, when they picked up our comments on the audio. I hated them. They made you sit in silence on a 12hr day. :imp:

C-Kay:

I regulary talk or sing to myself, i’d be locked up in the nut house after a week

Most days it is probably the only intelligent conversation you can have.

C-Kay:

I’d be locked up with you mate,they would get a running commentary of every idiot that has cut me up during my shift and my feelings about their driving :wink:

Are you getting cameras?

Tinkler is obviously chasing the 200quid from you’ve been framed, businessmen of the year i salute you :laughing:

We’ve got insurance cameras facing outside, I’d say they’re a good thing when it comes to attributing blame in the event of an accident, especially when it’s the other parties fault, they usually cough up pretty quick instead of dragging it out trying to blame the driver :smiley:

Not too keen on these inside cameras though, I wouldnt be able to drive along at night in the â– â– â– â–  like I normally do :open_mouth:

Grayham:
Not too keen on these inside cameras though, I wouldnt be able to drive along at night in the â– â– â– â–  like I normally do :open_mouth:

waaaaaay more info than we really needed cheers :smiling_imp:

C-Kay:

im glad im not the only one, plus all their would hear is opeth or some heavy metal being played really loud for a whole shift…and mayby dancing around in the cab :smiley:

Got one of these in my daf!
Roadhawk0

Big â– â– â– â– :
Got one of these in my daf!
Roadhawk0

I’ve got one of these but it faces forward, I bought it to protect myself from ‘cash for crash’ style incidents.

You can get a more advanced one though, designed primarily for cab drivers, that faces both out of the windscreen and back into the cab. Designed to protect the cabbie from attack and potential allegations of wrongdoing.

Brakes have them facing out on most of their rigids, one in the windscreen and one on each door facing backwards; the number of times I’ve popped for a pee in the privecy of the body on the nearside and spotted the camera as I walk back to the cab - no wonder the girl in the office looks at me longingly :grimacing:

More like in disgust! :laughing:

ady1:

Don’t fancy any camers in my cab :open_mouth: but if it’s outward faceing for road veiw I might be able to live with that :wink: :smiley:

darkseeker:
Brakes have them facing out on most of their rigids, one in the windscreen and one on each door facing backwards; the number of times I’ve popped for a pee in the privecy of the body on the nearside and spotted the camera as I walk back to the cab - no wonder the girl in the office looks at me longingly :grimacing:

More like in disgust! :laughing:

lol thanks for that laugh