Cameras for the lorry

Hi folks,

I’m asking as a favor for my dad, he’s looking for a camera for the lorry to put in the windscreen as after a couple of incidents he’s wanting one to cover his own back. He’s been told that he can get one for about £20 but I thought I’d ask on here for people who have one so I know which one would be best suited for the job.

All help appreciated :slight_smile:

Cheers

Jonny :sunglasses:

I have one called CAR CAM.There are loads of them on ebay,mine looks cheap but it works very well .I paid about £30.00 for it.

ebay.co.uk/itm/2-5-HD-Portab … 43b545c367
ive got one of these i paid £16 for mine, it records in hd, brilliant quality, easily reads number plates, the cable is really really long, you do need to get an sd card thou, 32 is best. Mine is set to record in 15 min segments. It overwrites itself when it reaches the end if you dont save anything. its a great litle bit of kit. It records in the dark as well.

I have an app on my phone, it records about an hour then overwrites itself, it tells you on Google Maps where you are, you can fast forward/rewind it, pause it, send it on via e-mail, it shows speed in mph or kph
It has a shock sensor and you can take a picture, all this for free. :wink:

Thanks folks :slight_smile: Dad says thanks also, much appreciated :slight_smile:.

Cheers

Jonny :sunglasses:

bald bloke:
I have an app on my phone, it records about an hour then overwrites itself, it tells you on Google Maps where you are, you can fast forward/rewind it, pause it, send it on via e-mail, it shows speed in mph or kph

Just as a matter of interest, which app do you have. I’ve been trying out Dailyroads Voyager, also free. It’s not a bad app, just heavy on the battery.

bald bloke:

Whats the App called, like the sound of that.

:

bald bloke:

Just as a matter of interest, which app do you have. I’ve been trying out Dailyroads Voyager, also free. It’s not a bad app, just heavy on the battery.

Autoboy Blackbox at the moment but have tried several.

Check out this man he reviews all kinds of in cab cameras .Tell you what he think good or bad.

youtube.com/watch?v=6WwuZn8J6IA

Anything that records video continuously is going to be hard on an iPhone battery. Anything that doesn’t record continuously is unlikely to be a lot of use. Simplest solution is a £9.99 ■■■ lighter adaptor/charger to keep the iPhone’s battery topped up.

I was looking at an ad in the latest ADAC motoring mag that I got this week (adac.de)
As there where a couple of offers in there (www.pearl.de/adac) for various in car cameras including a double camera that can show both forward and reverse (in car) with the recording unit positioned between. The whole unit was fixed to the screen by a suction cup. IIRC the cost around €79. With a discount given to ADAC members