Camera

Has anyone been done for doing 54 in a 50 by a speed camera? A505 near Bedofrd I think. I wasn’t paying any attention to my speed as I was thinking ahead about the drop etc and BOOM a speed camera appeared from behind a tree that needed cutting as the branch were covering it.

Don’t let it spoil your weekend. What will be, will be. :laughing:

If it’s dual you’ve probably nothing to worry about, if it’s single you might be worried but weight/height sensors are rare.

If it was obscured by a tree it’s worth fighting as they must be clearly visible from 60 metres up to 40 mph and 100 metres above that.

Any way round it’s done and can’t be undone so what Contraflow said… :slight_smile:

Where abouts on the A505 were you.

DearBoy:
If it was obscured by a tree it’s worth fighting as they must be clearly visible from 60 metres up to 40 mph and 100 metres above that.

Incorrect. They only need to be visible if the speed camera partnership gets the revenue. If they don’t they can stick them in the tree and camouflage them if they want.

Oh and BTW, even if it doesn’t meet the visibility test for the SCP the fine still stands. The only way you can win is on calibration and incorrectly detected speed grounds or if you can prove the calibrated speedometer in the truck was reading incorrectly - i.e you can prove it showed 50MPH when your real speed was 54MPH.

cj47:

A505 near Luton. 50 Zone I was heading back to Peterborough. I can recall taking the Woburn road and joined the A421 to black cat and then north on A1

That’s a bit harsh!

Sound like the A6 just north of Clophill about 7 miles south of the A421

Conor:
Incorrect. They only need to be visible if the speed camera partnership gets the revenue. If they don’t they can stick them in the tree and camouflage them if they want.

Just to add, that no doubt there will have been (white speed camera) signs before the actual camera warning traffic that there is a camera location ahead

54 in a 50 zone,I wouldnt worry about that,can’t see You getting anything for that.About 3 months ago I wasnt paying much attension and sailed passed a camera on the 1237 york ringroad doing around 43 44,its a 40 zone,never heard anything.Try and forget it.

mickyblue:

cj47:

A505 near Luton. 50 Zone I was heading back to Peterborough. I can recall taking the Woburn road and joined the A421 to black cat and then north on A1

Is it a dual at that point ?

No a single. Either way I was doing 50 but went slight over instead of 40. To many cars wiling to risk there lives to overtake at that time

mickyblue:
No a single. Either way I was doing 50 but went slight over instead of 40. To many cars wiling to risk there lives to overtake at that time

Am I missing something here ?

You were in a LGV over 7.5 tonnes doing 54 in a 40 limit = yes?

mickyblue:
No a single.

So you were doing 54 in a 40.

Driver at our place was flashed by the camera on the A5 at Atherstone.

He was doing 46.

He has just been on a speed awareness course.

ROG:

mickyblue:

Am I missing something here ?

You were in a LGV over 7.5 tonnes doing 54 in a 40 limit = yes?

Yes ROG? your quick today :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

and before you get on the high horse, don’t come back with the "Blah blah blah it’s 40mph. As stated people were doing silly over takes when I was doing 40. I know it’s 40 but was doing 50 but the vehicle went slightly over and was doing 54 by the time I noticed the camera

When I first read this thread I though that doing 4 over was going to result in no chance of a charge but now you state that you were going between 10 and 14 over the limit so I would expect a NIP for that amount over unless you get lucky

Its your choice to ignore the ‘daft in most cases’ 40 SC limit and as long as its not dangerous I have no high horse to get on over that

You know its illegal and made a choice so must be prepared to accept any consequences

ROG:
When I first read this thread I though that doing 4 over was going to result in no chance of a charge but now you state that you were going between 10 and 14 over the limit so I would expect a NIP for that amount over unless you get lucky

Its your choice to ignore the ‘daft in most cases’ 40 SC limit and as long as its not dangerous I have no high horse to get on over that

You know its illegal and made a choice so must be prepared to accept any consequences

I am ready for it, let’s just hope I am lucky. It’s a safe bit of road and it’s a stretch. I wouldn’t dream of going faster on bendy roads fully loaded. Just feel sorry others behind me when I get to a hill

Axor 240BHP on a hill :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

motoringoffencelawyers.com/s … tAodTyUAxg

should help people

I don’t think any of the speed cameras round that way have the ability to differentiate between large and small vehicles, so at an indicated 54mph you should be safe. Did it flash?

Roymondo:
I don’t think any of the speed cameras round that way have the ability to differentiate between large and small vehicles, so at an indicated 54mph you should be safe. Did it flash?

The ANPR ones can tell exactly what vehicle it is and adjust the limit accordingly