Cambridgeshire haulage firms

hi has anyone got any photos of cambridgeshire haulage firms there are some nice truck around that area

antrtr:
hi has anyone got any photos of cambridgeshire haulage firms there are some nice truck around that area

im lookin for pics of r&h lewis from pondersbridge packed up in early 80s :smiley:

Happy memories :smiley:

Pat

some welchs photos here follow this link.
gallery/album.php?album_id=445

here is a couple.

Can’t recall this firm, and no idea if they’re still around.
Photo was taken at the East of England Show, Peterborough, and I reckon it would be 1977.

mercdriver:

antrtr:

im lookin for pics of r&h lewis from pondersbridge packed up in early 80s :smiley:

any 1 remember a removals and transport company in ramsey called ekins transport. started out as ekins and setter but had a fall out and went there seperate ways

Anyone remember any of the other Cambridgeshire haulage companies, Normans of Littleport, W B Chambers Little Downham.
C A Barnes Haddenham. Anymore ?

GW Clarke Wimblington

That’s a good bit of stacking Drive, for a female :wink: :wink: :smiley:

Pat

Yeh I remember them, made me think of Herbie Kingham, Ron Palmer, Mick Lemmon, Rowells Transport, Marcus Darby Sutton
Anglia Agricultural Merchants Ltd Ely, D & R Hankins. Wow sudden memory burst !

Me too…Ron Palmer otherwise known as The Green Sheds :smiley:

I had an F10 on Clarkes before the Scania and still remember the reg number CVG 547T…makes me feel very old now :blush:

Pat

Jack Richards started in Cambridgeshire,I remember seeing the Haddenham address on the cabs of their Albions…

I just about remember them in Haddenham, that picture must have been about 1960. Another one was Eric Wright at Stretham

Good to see some oldies anyone got anymore

There’s a cracking book called Fenland Produce Hauliers by Paul Fox.

Since I’ve moved out here thought it would be worth a look and it certainly was!

ONE I GOT SENT OF HANKINS ERF

Ca white from fordham,
parrot transport histon,cambridge.
JJ haynes longmeadow,

turners■■?
Mj rolls bourn cambs
Andersons bulk haulage upwell cambs.

My dad drove for welchs have a few photos but no scanner :cry:

A Few Drivers From Cambridge,

[I drove a TK artic for Welch’s at their Henlow depot in 1964. There was only one atki there then

one from CA Barnes based in Haddenham

13466403_10206485787448044_3351296559726352142_n.jpg