Calor gas Wandsworth

Anyone got any info on working for them ? I’m hoping to start with them soon via Manpower agency . If not Wandsworth any info on Calor gas throughout the country? Thanks.

As you are looking to move to Leicestershire, there is a large Calor Gas depot in Stoney Stanton.

The Agency is Manpower and the office is on site. They should be recruiting soon for the Winter season as well.

It was my first start as an HGV Driver and my mate still works there, but not massive wages, in 2012 it was £10.25 per hour for the first 8 then time and a half after 8 hours.

They have just has a 9p an hour pay rise though, so on the uo.

Easy work, lots of it in the Winter, but basic 40 in the Summer.

There are some nice new houses in Earl Shilton, but the town itself is a bit of a hole, but then the prices reflect that, but as I bought one of them, I would say that.

steelgoon:
As you are looking to move to Leicestershire, there is a large Calor Gas depot in Stoney Stanton.

The Agency is Manpower and the office is on site. They should be recruiting soon for the Winter season as well.

It was my first start as an HGV Driver and my mate still works there, but not massive wages, in 2012 it was £10.25 per hour for the first 8 then time and a half after 8 hours.

They have just has a 9p an hour pay rise though, so on the uo.

Easy work, lots of it in the Winter, but basic 40 in the Summer.

There are some nice new houses in Earl Shilton, but the town itself is a bit of a hole, but then the prices reflect that, but as I bought one of them, I would say that.

Steelgoon you are right on the money . The reason I’m asking about Leicester and especially Stoney Stanton is purely because of Calor gas . I thought I’d try it out down here for a few years and if I like the job move up there once the kids have flown the roost .

The downside to it, is the seasonal aspect of the job. You are reliant on a long cold winter to see you through the lean summer if you stay all year round.

If you want to go full time though, there is not really any scope to be a Calor Driver (on the National Trunking Side anyway), there were only 2 Core out of the 16 (ish) Drivers.

If there was, then I would still be there now, as I can see it from my house, (In the hovel, that is Earl Shilton), but I wanted a Full Time Job.

I wouldn’t hesitate to go back though, if it suited my needs at the time.

steelgoon:
The downside to it, is the seasonal aspect of the job. You are reliant on a long cold winter to see you through the lean summer if you stay all year round.

If you want to go full time though, there is not really any scope to be a Calor Driver (on the National Trunking Side anyway), there were only 2 Core out of the 16 (ish) Drivers.

If there was, then I would still be there now, as I can see it from my house, (In the hovel, that is Earl Shilton), but I wanted a Full Time Job.

thanks SteelGoon , To tell the truth I don’t mind the thought of working less hours in the summer, got to enjoy herself now and again .

steelgoon:

Are all the trunking guys agency do they employe there own drivers use to be one of the best payed jobs about

There were 2 Calor drivers when I was there, but the remainder were Manpower or self employed.

i worked for calor for 10 years based in uxbridge we was short staffed and very over worked, loads of hand balling heavy gas cylinders i ended up hurting my back , so looked around for another job …i left around seven years ago some of the chaps i worked with are still there …