Calor Gas Port Clarence

Does anyone have any information, 1st hand, 2nd hand or MMTM or otherwise about what they are like to work for?

My thanks in advance.

still trying to get out mate ■■ got my adr in 2 weeks and i`ll be trying to get in - only been on the agency for a week and my head is done in already :cry:

Well, you may well get my job!

I could fill a whole web server with the crap that SRM are giving us at Sunderland, but I wont, I just want to get away.

This Calor job is a temp 2 perm with an AGY, it’s for an ‘initial’ 6 months, but they claim that they have 2 guys who have been there for 4 years, I am not that convinced by that, but you never know.

Put my name down for it !!! I was supposed to be on a run to scotland tomorrow with the agency and its been cancelled - looking at the prospect of no work this week - going on a major job hunt tomorrow if you`ve any suggestions

Nothing that is non ADR unfortunately mate.

i know a lad who,s worked for calor gas for years {10+} and he swears its the best job in the world, think he works from teesport though

They only employ agency, all the permanent drivers are going by natural selection (once they reach retirement) and then its soley agency…

matchbox:
This Calor job is a temp 2 perm with an AGY, it’s for an ‘initial’ 6 months, but they claim that they have 2 guys who have been there for 4 years, I am not that convinced by that, but you never know.

Actually, that’s probably true mate, Calor are a good employer and drivers tend to stay with them. :wink:

Just doing some quick arithmetic, and I reckon I’ve ADR trained around 50 drivers for Calor at various locations, many were ‘refreshers’ so that means they’ve been there a good while.

IMHO, that says a lot about the company. :wink:

I hope this helps. :smiley:

Calor layed all their drivers off at Immingham the other year, and the Teesside Depot only use agency drivers now. I know several drivers who have driven for them before moving on to pastures new for a permenant job. They all say its a good job and if it was full time for Calor they’d never have left, but full time positions are not available.

Yet again, the agencies ruining it for everyone.

Dont get me wrong, I see that agencies serve a purpose, but these guys (and gals) could get pulled off the job at any time without any explanation and be right in the poop.

Sorry, but I needed that rant.