Calls for an inquiry in to Dartford crossing

from bbc news inquiry bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-37432365

He’s right, going north is crap, why?

It’s an accumulation of things. Vehicles in the wrong lanes, drivers slowing down worrying about the camera on the lights, the converging lane being changed to a give way, slow staff dealing with incidents and the list goes on. It needs another overhaul

Cut by 6 minutes■■? My arse

OVLOV JAY:
It’s an accumulation of things. Vehicles in the wrong lanes, drivers slowing down worrying about the camera on the lights, the converging lane being changed to a give way, slow staff dealing with incidents and the list goes on. It needs another overhaul

I think they should have blocked the on slip from Erith 1a, and forced all that traffic to 1b, as with the over height traffic exiting Erith. Would help to ease that bottle neck there no end :wink:

Uncleskid:
Cut by 6 minutes■■? My arse

No, be fare, from 1 hr to 54 mins, every little helps :wink:

turbot:

Easy. You have about 8 lanes going into 2 lanes for each tunnel where as going c/w you have about 8 lanes going into 6 over the bridge. Plus the fact as its a tunnel you are going through anti c/w anything carrying hazardous goods needs to have an ■■■■■■ through the tunnel which holds traffic up. Plus if there is a problem with one tunnel such as a breakdown or accident inside the tunnel you are left with just one tunnel and only 2 lanes.
Maybe it’s time they built another bridge over the Thames considering how much revenue has been raised from everyone since its been built.

SteveBarnsleytrucker:

turbot:

Easy. You have about 8 lanes going into 2 lanes for each tunnel where as going c/w you have about 8 lanes going into 6 over the bridge. Plus the fact as its a tunnel you are going through anti c/w anything carrying hazardous goods needs to have an ■■■■■■ through the tunnel which holds traffic up. Plus if there is a problem with one tunnel such as a breakdown or accident inside the tunnel you are left with just one tunnel and only 2 lanes.
Maybe it’s time they built another bridge over the Thames considering how much revenue has been raised from everyone since its been built.

8 lanes?

It has a lot to do with the roadworks at j31 queing and they’re holding traffic from queing in the tunnel . I think they should extend the centre barrier as you come out of the tunnel past the j30 to stop people using the outer tunnel then crossing 2 lanes of traffic to get across to j30 - 31 .J1a isn’t an issue but it helps if people let them out in turn . The junction that does need shutting is the one between the a2 and j1a to stop people using the long road parallel to the 25 (282) as a cut thru and slow things up when they rejoin

chester1:
It has a lot to do with the roadworks at j31 queing and they’re holding traffic from queing in the tunnel . I think they should extend the centre barrier as you come out of the tunnel past the j30 to stop people using the outer tunnel then crossing 2 lanes of traffic to get across to j30 - 31 .J1a isn’t an issue but it helps if people let them out in turn . The junction that does need shutting is the one between the a2 and j1a to stop people using the long road parallel to the 25 (282) as a cut thru and slow things up when they rejoin

Extend it past junction 30? How would double deckers get off at 31 or 30?

Seany:

chester1:

Im not sure that to many do . There are loosers to most trafic plans the odd double decker going up to the 127 aint the end of the world

chester1:

To do that you would have to rename up to the A127 the A282 as learners ain’t aloud to use motorways.I said the same thing about 3 months ago in another post .
Also it take to long for them to do anything now they have traffic lights and barriers.Just look how long it took them to sort this lorry out see video below .

youtube.com/watch?v=A3E4zycQQMY

fingermissing:

chester1:

To do that you would have to rename up to the A127 the A282 as learners ain’t aloud to use motorways.I said the same thing about 3 months ago in another post .
Also it take to long for them to do anything now they have traffic lights and barriers.Just look how long it took them to sort this lorry out see video below .

Why can’t the learners use the west bore like everything else that needs to come off at the 30 /31

chester1:

fingermissing:

chester1:

Why can’t the learners use the west bore like everything else that needs to come off at the 30 /31

What happens when the low tunnel is shut.

fingermissing:

chester1:

fingermissing:

chester1:

I’m sure a lifting barrier can be put into place or if it is a learner the qualified driver can drive

fingermissing:

chester1:

fingermissing:

chester1:

if it is a learner the qualified driver can drive as they will have already been turned back from 1a to the 225 or been warned from the 225

chester1:

Seany:

chester1:

Im not sure that to many do . There are loosers to most trafic plans the odd double decker going up to the 127 aint the end of the world

There’s quite a lot that do. It won’t happen anyway.

Two hours to go northbound at 01.00 weds morning, I was hazardous and by the time they let us go through there must have been 20 or more tankers waiting.
Just driven from Leipzig without a single delay then back to Dartford for that crap…totally takes the ■■■■ considering the crossing is, according to the press, making £53 million each year.

I run my own trucks and sitting there for 2hrs with my driver cost me £30 in wages or the nett profit on £300 worth of work.

Will be writing to Chris Grayling.

I can get from Romford to Portsmouth in 2 1/2 hours at 4am, at 4pm, it can take 2 1/2 to get Junction 3 to the tolls, how has taking the booths out made this journey any faster?
If anything, it’s worse than when the booths were there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk