Calling all night men!

Gentlemen, just a quick question.
When stopping on a MSA at night, why do you insist on leaving your engine running?
Is it because you are all evil? Or is it because all your vehicles have flat batteries??
Yours response to this question would be appriciated.

Cheers chaps!

Dear Day Men,
Why during the day when I am asleep do you run your motor, shout to your mate, slam doors etc etc. :unamused:
So you see it matters not wether its day or night you still have inconsiderate pricks! :unamused:

I had to build up the air this morning. No clutch. No gear change. Suspension had dropped. It only took about 90 seconds. But I had some evil looks :slight_smile:

This is true, if you want a decent sleep, day or night, then the best thing is to park away from other trucks. You can’t expect night drivers to creep around in carpet slippers because day drivers will be asleep, and vice-versa.

After 25 years in the job, I know every dark, quiet and diddycoy-free parking area in the land, normally a quiet little semi-urban industrial estate a few minutes walk away from a pub or chippy, not stinking of ■■■■ and free to park in.

Anyone who parks in an MSA, day or night, deserves everything that goes with the territory. :wink:

Harry Monk:
This is true, if you want a decent sleep, day or night, then the best thing is to park away from other trucks. You can’t expect night drivers to creep around in carpet slippers because day drivers will be asleep, and vice-versa.

After 25 years in the job, I know every dark, quiet and diddycoy-free parking area in the land, normally a quiet little semi-urban industrial estate a few minutes walk away from a pub or chippy, not stinking of ■■■■ and free to park in.

Anyone who parks in an MSA, day or night, deserves everything that goes with the territory. :wink:

Here Here Harry. Plenty of well located nice little ind estates for this purpose. Cannot understand why the lads dont use them.

Funny thing, every time I have needed a 45 in the msa I have stopped at the entrance to turn off my fridge, I very much doubt anyone would ever show any gratitude for it however, the total lack of respect between drivers on the road only highlights exactly how people regard each other these days !!

Nothing like spoiling one’s load out of consideration for others.

If you’re bedding down for the night, there’s no way that ice cream will be anything but slop in the morning, unless it’s freezing outside in midwinter. :smiley:

As for the meat… :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Phantom Mark:
Funny thing, every time I have needed a 45 in the msa I have stopped at the entrance to turn off my fridge, I very much doubt anyone would ever show any gratitude for it however, the total lack of respect between drivers on the road only highlights exactly how people regard each other these days !!

Thanks Mark, you’re a diamond. :smiley:

dar1976:
I had to build up the air this morning. No clutch. No gear change. Suspension had dropped. It only took about 90 seconds. But I had some evil looks :slight_smile:

Get those air leaks sorted :smiley: :laughing:

Winseer:

If you’re bedding down for the night, there’s no way that ice cream will be anything but slop in the morning, unless it’s freezing outside in midwinter. :smiley:

if you’re carrying a load that will spoil plan your route so you don’t have to park next to others as the man says theres plenty of place.

Mr B:

Winseer:

if you’re carrying a load that will spoil plan your route so you don’t have to park next to others as the man says theres plenty of place.

I park in a deserted corner of the MSA with the freezer left on, and try and get some sleep.

Some git driving a clattery old tipper full of scrap metal clanking around decides to knock me up from my bunk, demanding to know why I’ve incosiderately left my freezer on… He’s just chosen to park right next to me in the STILL otherwise deserted lorry park FFS!

Jeez - does that make me MAD or what?! :imp: :imp: :imp:

No way ever is a service area going to be a quite place.

Let me get this right !! You park in a Lorry park and expect peace and quiet ■■

Seriously, is that what you’re saying ■■

Honestly you actually mean that ■■

No, surely not, I must have read it wrong !!!

Ever thought of going home to bed ■■

P.S. don’t you just hate it when you go swimming and it makes you all wet !!

Thereal-john:
Gentlemen, just a quick question.
When stopping on a MSA at night, why do you insist on leaving your engine running?
Is it because you are all evil? Or is it because all your vehicles have flat batteries??
Yours response to this question would be appriciated.

Cheers chaps!

My response - I don’t :wink:

But I work nights and sleep in the day. Why can’t I see my GP/Dentist/Mechanic/Postman/Barber/etc. etc. at 5a.m. and why do the rest of you have to make so much bloody noise all day long BUT woe betide me if I shut the car door too loudly when I come home from work.

:imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp:

I leave the engine running because it creates traffic for the website when people post moaning about it.

I hope this helps.

Coffeeholic:
I leave the engine running because it creates traffic for the website when people post moaning about it.

I hope this helps.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Winseer:
Some git driving a clattery old tipper full of scrap metal clanking around decides to knock me up from my bunk

You know, to us young 'uns to get knocked up means to get pregnant.

Hope this helps :smiley:

Winseer:

That’s why I only do it if I am only stopping for a 45 :unamused:

Not stupid enough to park in a MSA to sleep or take 9 off :wink:

gardun:

Coffeeholic:

I hope this helps.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I don’t give a hoot how much noise others make, as I’m a heavy sleeper. I just object to people having a go, (especially when waking me up to do it!) when they’re plain in the wrong! :grimacing: :angry:

EDIT Someone’s gone and nicked the damned spoon now! :unamused:

A big crock of....jpg

10-08:

Winseer:
Some git driving a clattery old tipper full of scrap metal clanking around decides to knock me up from my bunk

You know, to us young 'uns to get knocked up means to get pregnant.

Hope this helps :smiley:

Down here, “Tabs” are something you put on your tongue, rather than smoke!
Baps & pillows are the mere mortal versions of hooters and knockers.
“Being put in the club” means getting a recommendation from a friend to get into a golf membership without being blackballed in the process! :stuck_out_tongue: